Windows 11 - MSI Afterburner GPU temp and fan speed not available

Just got my new Framework 16 laptop with the AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S in yesterday, and so far I love it - it’s everything I hoped it would be and more.

I’ve installed Windows 11 Pro on it, along with MSI Afterburner with the Riva Tuner Server. One thing I noticed, is that the following items are not displaying in list of available entries to monitor:

GPU1 temperature
GPU1 fan speed

Also, it appears that there is no way to manually set fan speed profiles. At least, the interface is missing the “Fan” tab that shows up on my main NVidia based desktop system.

There is a GPU1 tachometer, but when I enable that it just shows 0. I can select GPU1 usage and memory, but I’m really more interested in the temp and fan speed metrics.

Guessing these are just not available in the current rev of the video driver supplied by framework?

IIRC, MSI Afterburner doesn’t support Radeon GPUs. You can use HWinfo or AMD Adrenalin to monitor GPU temps. As for fan speed, that is more complicated and I don’t believe it is possible to track atm. Even on the 13, fan speed isn’t exposed.

Ah, good to know, thanks for the information.

The AMD Radeon tools and drivers have a decent overlay for such information. No need to install third party software.

Interesting, I’ll look into how to use the AMD Radeon tools. Thanks.