Windows Key - How Long

Apologies if this is not the right forum to post.

Simply trying to ground my expectations - I ordered a laptop and Windows on June 16th. Laptop is received and ready, but on the website under digital purchases I still see “confirming my order” for Windows. How long should that take? I don’t want to be unreasonable, but would like to get the OS on the laptop.

• Windows 11
  • TBD, not recieved
  • 11th Gen
  • Previously submitted support request.

Someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but this is a digital download and the key should be available somewhere on your order page.

Just download it and use the key.

These are the instructions provided (I am a DIY purchase):

But when I go to my digital purchases page per the instructions, the page continues to say:
Confirming your order for a digital license.
Check back shortly to redeem your license key.
Questions? Contact Support.

Finally, I haven’t received any response back from support.

How long ago was this?
They’re usually very good with response timing, so if you haven’t gotten it back within a few days, maybe check your spam folder or whatever the equivalent is for you!

you can install win11 without the key and then add it later. just click ‘‘i don’t have one’’ when prompted and then proceed as normal. you’ll just have a watermark on the desktop untill you put in the key.

1 Like

I refrain from using the key until i am satisfied a DIY machine is stable and not going to need any RMAing, saves any hassle with reactivating on changed hardware.

Hey Adam, can you please confirm that you can see the key now? thanks!