3:2 desktop wallpapers

https://static-community.frame.work/original/1X/64c81a89f963ddb07633887baceb642a4b056046.png

4 Likes

absolutly legendary thank you :heart:

1 Like

Somewhat modeled after the Windows 95 setup background image:
Setup_(Windows_95)

4 Likes

I made this back in 2022 and barely ever shared it, I figure some of y’all may miss Windows 7 too.
Full-sized version for if it compresses

4 Likes

Omg I had no idea there was actually a legit thread for these! I have a bunch, both 3:2 and 16:10, most of the FW13 are 2880X1920.

Here’s my Google Drive

And some samples:

4 Likes

This makes me happy that I set my Fujifilm XS-10 to 3:2 aspect ratio 2 years ago. So all of my pictures from that time are perfectly suited for the Framework. I love it when things just work out.

1 Like

Heres a simple One Dark Framework wallpaper!

Sorry for being a Google Drive link, the image upload feature was misbehaving!
Also for some reason the google drive preview seems to be in such an awful quality. No idea sorry but when you download it its fine.

I can provide the SVG file if anyone wants them.

2 Likes

The ultimate form of my Framework x Blender Donut desktop wallpaper. Lol.

Google Drive

8 Likes

now I really want a Framework donut and coffee!

4 Likes

I kinda want the coffee-mug now :sweat_smile:

Might be annoying to drink from, but it looks really cool :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Me too, but the handle needs to be in the dip, not on the peak of the cog to rotate the cup so you drink from the peak.

If I was going to make one I think I would make the handle bridge across two of the peaks, with a bit of styling.

I’ll have to see what I can dream up in FreeCad.

3 Likes

omg!! if that mug becomes a real physical object I will be honored, and slightly concerned about coffee spills.

2 Likes

DO you really hold your cups at 90° ?? and I notice at the dips the shell is thinner, so having the fat bit to drink from may not be ideal.

I can see a redesign may be on the cards. How about having the ‘torx’ shape tapering to the top or only at the bottom. Nope can’t quite see it.

I hope the text is on both sides for left-handers once it goes into mass production.
With organic, fairtrade and vegan doughnuts

2 Likes

I would say a redesign should probably be on the cards. As the original creator of the reference image, I can confirm that absolutely zero thought went into the real-life usability of the object. I would even concede that not enough thought went into the aesthetics of the mug either. :sweat_smile:

Mug is a pretty late step when creating a Blender Donut scene. The design process was basically: “Oh yeah I forgot, I need a mug. Uh, I’ll just pull in the 3D Framework logo I made and stretch it vertically. Oh boy, that handle doesn’t look great. Oh well, good enuf, send it.”

6 Likes

:arrow_up: Tis the workflow of a true, seasoned professional. :rofl:

4 Likes

Let’s just say I wouldn’t trust anything I model multiple hours into a Blender scene to literally hold hot liquids. :joy:

Notice how I rotated the mug so the handle was cast in shadow, with the point where the handle joins the mug just barely out of the camera’s direct view? You can always tell when I’m proud of my work.

Sure, my handle is jank, the lip of the mug makes no sense, the liquid color is somehow not quite coffee OR tea, and the logo is a solid 6/10 at best. I’m using a high-quality ceramic PBR material though, and even more importantly, I have a little whisp-o-steam! At the end of the day, that’s all that really matters. :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Made a low-budget interstellar style framework logo black hole. Lol.

6 Likes

Bit the bullet and did the slightly less low budget version. 10 hours to render on a 4090. Idk that it even looks all that much better, but at least you can see the clouds a bit more. Lol

8 Likes

I’m sure there is a licensing issue so FW could not support this but a user created WarHammer 40K wallpaper with a Space Marine on one side and an Orc or other 40K faction on the other charging the FW Logo in the middle would be cool. A way to support Henry Cavil and the new 40K Space Marine game that came out not long ago.

Thanx,
Wio
Texas Citizen

1 Like

Lol. I’ve officially lost my mind.

5 Likes