AMD Batch 10 Guild

Well, holy crap, look what arrived!

Shipping estimated Monday… Guess I know what I’ll be doing for the next 30 minutes :smiley:

I hope y’all get your new laptops / mainboards soon as well!!

*(NOTE: I purchased the G.Skill separately via Amazon)

2 Likes

What’s the chat about the WiFi card and not using the bundled one but going for intel AX210? Is it driver / stability issues with the one provided with AMD motherboards?

Framework arrived! Fastest I’ve ever seen FedEx ship anything. Hope everyone else gets theirs soon!

1 Like

Anecdotally, I never had an issue with the AX210 card with my Gen 11 board (same OS). I have not tried it with the Ryzen board (yet??). Did you have an AX210 coming instead?

I think am confusing different things.

I saw the separate WiFi card in your photo and assumed you had purchased this separately and thought you had gone with the AX210 although you obviously have this from your 11th gen board.

Ignore me!

Ahh, gotcha! Yeah, this was how it was shipped (sans RAM). The mainboard came in that single box and the WiFi card on the side–both inside a padded envelop.

1 Like

Ordered AMD F13 just with charger on 25th November, shipping to France.

I just got charged.

1 Like

Also based in the UK, ordered on Nov 26th; no charger, no storage, only memory. Got the preparation email on 30th. Not yet charged, but just hoping to get it soon!

1 Like

Got my delivery estimate- 14th December. Memory arrived today so all ready to go once the laptop arrives!

1 Like

Website says no amount remaining but no email yet, delivering to Germany, order placed 16. November.

1 Like

Earlier today I noticed that even though my status is still ‘pre-order confirmed’, now it says amount due 0.00 so something happened. My bank doesn’t show anything yet.
Ordered on 20th November, to Germany, Amd DIY. Excited to see is it really days now or what.

1 Like

Got charged a few hours ago. Shipment is Going to Austria.
Ordered on 19th November. AMD DIY.

2 Likes

Mine arrived earlier today and I’ve spent the last few hours trying to install Windows 11 onto the 1TB expansion module. I still haven’t got it that’s tomorrow’s problem though.

2 Likes

charged on 8th for an AMD DIY Ryzen 5 destined for Austria

2 Likes

I was charged yesterday to France the 8th December . No email for the moment hope to get it next week.

1 Like

I replaced the WiFi card with an AX200 I had sitting around (extracted from a B550 motherboard). I did that as soon as I got my DIY kit, so never even tried the AMD/MediaTek card.

Zero issues with AX200, so I assume AX210 will work just fine, also.
Obviously, A**1 versions of WiFi cards won’t work with AMD, but A**0 versions should all work fine.

1 Like

Just bought a second-hand v-color DDR5 5600mhz 24G so-dimm. Has anyone used similar memory from the same manufacturer on FW13?

Got charged yesterday for my mainboard (Ryzen 5, Ram, Wificard), ordered the 27th of nov. Exciting! And also terrifying, since I rarely spend that amount of money (Or even have that amount of money).

4 Likes

@GFOM I feel you ! I feel exactly the same !

Getting Windows on what amounts to a USB storage device might be a little dicey.

I went Ubuntu 22.04 after briefly toying with 23.10. Since the next LTS is just a few months away I can be patient and wait a little longer for some of the nice things in 23.10. I do still need to finish getting the fingerprint reader all the way working and see if there’s a way to improve rendering for fractional scaling but overall its going real well. I’m trying to resist the temptation to go to Windows on this machine, but I live my professional life in VS Code, Office and PowerShell so we’ll see heh. I can at least get two out of three working well in Ubuntu.