AMD Batch 10 Guild

If it’s any consolation, I’ve been using a Gen 1 Framework 13 (Intel i7 - Gen 11) for the last couple of years. I just now did an upgrade of the mainboard because I wanted the battery life gain from the 7840U while also improving compute and RAM speeds. I use my Framework for personal and work-related development on-the-go so it’s gotten a lot of use docked and undocked. Since purchasing, I’ve upgraded the screen (original didn’t come with a matte screen), I’ve upgraded the internal hinge, and now I’ve swapped out the mainboard. The next upgrade is the battery whenever the bigger one becomes available again. Each upgrade has taken me less than 30 minutes, and there are guides and QR codes for everything.

Anecdotally, having owned Thinkpads, Macbooks (x86 and M1), a Librem 14, and a Dell XPS, I have to say I’ve been the happiest with my Framework. It is incredibly easy to upgrade and replace parts, and they’ve been improving on all aspects with each iteration.

All this to say, it’s been a great investment for me and I’m sure it will be for you as well. I do think you’ll be happy with it! Cheers!

4 Likes

Oh same. This is actually my first upgrade since getting a FW 11th Gen i5 (I was I think in Batch 5), so in the end purchasing a FW is way cheaper and sustainable then getting whole new hardware.

I’m also a clumsy man, so my top cover is big banged, and when I noticed it was bulging the screen a tiny bit, I could simply remove the LCD, bend it back, and there we go.

1 Like

Got Windows 11 on the 1TB expansion Module and Fedora 39 on my M.2, also set an EQ because wow the speakers sucked without one. Quite happy with everything so far and setup has been pretty easy overall.

2 Likes

Was the custom EQ in Fedora or in Windows or in both? Any guides on how to do this?

The Custom EQ was in both Fedora and Windows, I found this to be incredibly useful Speaker Sound Quality - Framework, I ended up trying all the presets there and the ones I would recommend are Lappy_McTopface’s and Philonmetal, although I am partial to Philonmetal myself.

3 Likes

I was planning on replacing mine as well but I wanted to test the RZ616 first, My wireless connection has been fine since I made sure to install the latest driver bundle but my Bluetooth is extremely unreliable, to me that’s a pro so unless I get actual connectivity bottlenecks or connection drops I’m going to stick with it.

1 Like

Just got the sending of the parcel E-Mail now. Shipping is to Austria.

2 Likes

Got the email at 11:34 CET that order is shipped, status is also changed in the order to shipped. Left Fedex origin facility in Taiwan, estimated arrival Thursday to Germany.

1 Like

Got the shipment email at 12:15pm, to France. Will arrive on the 14th.

1 Like

Shipping mail arrived. ETA to Austria: 14th december-this would be very fast… lets drink a xmas tea :wink:

1 Like

Same for me shipped email received and Eta 14th December to France.
I can’t wait.

1 Like

I got the Email that the laptop is being ship, it is supposed to arrive on Thursday (living in Germany).

1 Like

Same here, also shipping to Germany, also estimated to arrive Thursday.

1 Like

Got the shipping mail, probably arriving thursday

1 Like

Just received my laptop! Still waiting on SSD that was delayed several times by Amazon…

2 Likes

Seems like there is movement for shipments to the EU. I was hoping the UK orders would be included in this but I guess no such luck. Not been charged or had any update on shipping

1 Like

Just had my payment taken for my order in the UK - went for the DIY 7840U (without RAM/SSD)

2 Likes

Thanks Ryan,

Just checked the same and it’s showing as a pending transaction on my credit card and also showing as zero balance left on framework website. Nothing on shipping yet though.

I’m also seeing payment pending and full amount as my deposit in my Framework account. UK resident - DIY 7640 with own SSD, RAM, Power & OS. I did buy the 1TB expansion card - as I plan to dual boot Windows & Ubuntu & wanted a large shared disk for non high speed storage. Will be using it for programming. Keen to get the AMD chipset for its HW codecs - wondering how they compare with Intel or NVidia (or Apple for that matter).

1 Like

It was finally the turn of Asia and my remaining balance was deducted two hours ago.

4 Likes