AMD Batch 10 Guild

My tracking info says it has arrived at the FedEx hub at Roissy, which was not mentioned the first time the cargo plane came to France when it said “envoi international - import”. Did that mean it hadn’t cleared Customs (les douanes)? If so, this time it might actually have made it to the FedEx distribution point. So :crossed_fingers: the packages we’ve been waiting for may be on the point of loading into their delivery vans.

So with a little luck - as Sunday is a rest day for lorry drivers in France - my long-awaited Ryzen FW 13 may arrive on Monday.

Wdym it never was in France bevor the info was just sent there for clearance I think

Maybe … just maybe … there maybe movement!

Again, same here, it’s marked as departed Guangzhou at 4am 2023-12-18 +8, aka 20:00 the previous night here in UK.

With a 13-hour flight to London Stansted … I figure a jaunt via a regional depot will put it out for delivery on Tuesday 2023-12-19.

Hold on a moment while I reset the sign “just X more sleeps until Framework laptop arrives.”

(I’m now paranoid that there’s extra chips on the board, so I expect to compare it to photos of AMD Framework 13 mainboards as well as known-good UEFI hashes.)

Ken.

That sound good : “out for delivery”
I should get it by noon today.

2 Likes

Get it,

I ordered a DIY version, very easy ton install just the RAM the NVME drive and the keyboard. In 10 minutes it’s done.
Now I go for Ubuntu installation

4 Likes

Am envious of you @Severin_PLOSSARD as I am still waiting for mine. Had a message to say it had arrived at the local Fedex bureau de distribution and that it would be delivered before 18h today, Monday. Then 10 mins before the time limit another to say it won’t be delivered until tomorrow with the same time limit. Hope I won’t have to wait all day again as I have three times already :frowning_face:

Same here, I’m still waiting, it should have been delivered on the 14.12. but there is no movement, the status is delayed, i don’t know why, contacting FedEx and getting a real person is an nightmare.

I guess I’ll have to wait some more…

@agrandl @Mr_Sparkolo That’s odd indeed… FWIW, FedEx also delivered (to Belgium) my package yesterday around noon…

Mine arrived on Monday. Still very excited about it, hopefully yours will arrive soon.

1 Like

@sydney I finally received my Ryzen FW at 4 in the afternoon, just a couple of hours before the deadline they given for delivery. 3 and half days of waiting way getting very annoying as Fedex doesn’t update their messages until after 18 :00 by which time you’ve given hope and are starting to despair of ever getting it. Anyway, managed to insert RAM and memory stick and put it all together in about half an hour and installed Pop_OS with no problem.

1 Like

@agrandl Glad everything worked out fine for you… but i feel what you’re saying, i really do…

I can retire the “just X more sleeps until Framework laptop arrives” sign because it arrived yesterday, was astoundingly easy to put together, installed Debian via the networked installer and then forgot my LUKS password so reinstalled a second time.

(Linux notes: Debian has the GRUB2 secure boot signed shim, so secure boot is on, plus it uses Linux Vendor Firmware Service and bundles the amdgpu firmwares into a package in their non-free section called firmware-amd-graphics which installed automatically for me. I went for Bookworm which offers Linux Kernel 6.1 and is stable but I may upgrade to Trixie, which is now in testing and has Linux Kernel 6.5.)

Ken.

My Laptop finally arrived. It turns out that it was stuck in customs(Zoll), I had to contact FedEx 6 times, until they finally told me that the import office can’t process the parcel because they don’t know the value and contents. So after I send FedEx my invoice it finally went through.
I’m happy, but afraid of the bill from FedEx and the import office, I hope it isn’t too much.

I installed 2x 46GB ram 5600MHz and the Intel ax210 wifi/Bluetooth card both with no issues.
I installed Manjaro Linux, but the fingerprint sensor has the wrong firmware or the software version im using is wrong, need some time to figure it out.
Everything else works fine.

My laptop arrived a little over a week ago now, and I have to say that I love it! It took less than 10 minutes to build the DIY version by including 64gb of Kingston CL40 ram, 4tb Lexar NM790 SSD and then getting the bezel in place, being careful of the wires and attaching the input module.

I’ve settled on Solus Linux as my primary OS, and I have a 256gb partition for Windows 11 for the odd times that I will need it. I’ve got the fingerprint sensor up and running for both Solus and for Windows (different fingers) and mostly got Budgie desktop set up how I want it.

I did have a little challenge installing Windows 11 as I tried to create my installation USB from Linux, but that meant I couldn’t use the option in RUFUS (Windows app) to remove the requirement for online account activation. I ended up having to use my wife’s Windows laptop to make the installation USB and try again, and then it worked fine.

Everything is set up and out of the box on Solus, it seems to idle at under 4w (in power saver mode) which from what I can see on the battery life tracking threads is decent. Light usage with browsing the web etc runs at around 5w to 7w. I’ve not run the battery right now, but in this light usage scenario it’s seemingly tracking at around 5 to 7 hours of battery, which is definitely good enough for me.

The laptop is pretty much silent when using Firefox and/or chat apps like Element, Discord, Telegram and Slack. I’ve installed some games from Steam with Proton, but haven’t really had the chance to play anything yet. I’m sure that would spin up the fans some, but that makes sense.

The laptop is very smooth even when using the power saver setting. Not sure what else to say, but I am one happy customer!

1 Like

Hello, I pre-ordered the DIY edition with 7640U, without SDD and RAM, on 19/11 (batch 10). I received an email on the 30/11 saying that they planned to ship the batch within 1-3 weeks. But no news since, the order status is still “Pre-Order Confirmed” and the payment has not been done (except the 100€ for the pre-command, and I made sure my credit card ceiling was always appropriate)
Are they other people in this situation? I see that some people already received their laptop of the 11th batch :confused:

Now after Xmas I hot the time to set up my framework. The other parts are RAM from Kingston SSD Firecude and the Anker charger.

1 Like

I have the same charger! It’s excellent for the FW, just needs to have a cable that can do the full 120w/240w.