AMD Batch 10 Guild

Seems to be in Germany at the moment and scheduled for delivery tomorrow morning. Very much excited for it!

Germany user, I received this morning around 11 (middle franconia), came via Paris and Köln overnight.
BIOS was the 3.03 already, install was easy, had to fiddle with the bezel a bit, corner was snapping out of place, reseated couple of times.
I replaced wifi with ax210 just for peace of mine, ram, ssd install were uneventful.
Whole thing was fairly easy, I am not used to doing this so took maybe a good 30 minutes for it. Just installing drivers and everything after I installed win 11. I will probably try Arch at some point but now I don’t have time for it, traveling on Saturday morning.
Unfortunately media keys are default and it’s super annoying I almost never use those and use F keys all the time though. It’s a notebook thing nowadays. Also keyboard is very meh after my thinkpad, wrong key shape and texture a bit, otherwise ok. Keys are pretty huge, F keys are tiny so a bit problematic to use, but this is also not surprising, it’s a notebook thing nowadays. Wish they were a couple mm longer. I may need to use an external keyboard for any serious task but eh.
Anyway shipping and install went uneventful so 5 star for those.

Has been like this since 12.12

Hi there, fellow guilders… Same here… Stuck in Roissy-CDG/France with FedEx, scheduled for today to Belgium, no updates since 12th. My guess would be that the package is still with customs. Busy times, indeed.
Furthermore, i have read numerous times that deliverers appear to have left packages in front of doors instead of delivering personally. Are these isolated cases? What happens if someone steals the package? I would be (very) much more appeased to know, the delivering service requiring a signature or some other form of identification/proof of delivery.

Just for info this is how my tracking looked like:

I may be more fortunate than others but I work in a relatively flexible way and made sure I was in home office to not risk package getting lost. I had to sign in the dumb sign with finger way (so a monkey could have signed it but they did require some interaction).

1 Like

@Endre Thanks for your quick reply… Well, everything is better than just leaving packages like this simply on the doorstep. These must be just isolated cases… Have fun with your new FW…

I ordered a mainboard + RAM + wificard, so it’s was in a relatively thin envelope, that they just put though the slot, so a little scary knowing that even though it says fragile they still flop it on the doormat, inside, but still.

fn + esc = fn lock are your friends :wink:

1 Like

In Vienna it was just a signature that was needed.

1 Like

Tracking is updated to France.

Back to China, don’t think I will get it today. A bit sad not having it for the weekend

1 Like

Mine is supposed to be arriving in 2 hours - seems unlikely given this:

Same for me seems to be the same flight or something.
@Severin_PLOSSARD

Yeah @James_Cain, I see the same, but I think the UTC+8 for Guangzhou means that those items are out of sequence and it’s at least arrived at Stansted Airport. The same tracking number opens in Fedex’s own page, which does not yet show status as ‘out for delivery’ while also estimating a delivery window of 08:20-12:20.

Ken.

@sydney lucky you, mine was on the same flight and it is still at the FedEx hub, and I’m living just a few minutes from cologne

@Mr_Sparkolo Nah, unfortunately not… Tracking says the package is now (back?) in China. As i‘m writing this, i am notified by fedex for a rescheduled delivery today. Well, i guess not… Tracking still says the package is in China… Very reliable these tracking systems.

I think that means it is still in China. It just got the digital customs release before they put it on the plane, so that is the entry from Stansted. There should be another scan for when it actually arrives in Stansted.

Roissy Charles de Gaulle is only responsible for the custom papers that are doen digitally so it never comes near Paris in reallity if not addressed to Paris. I got a “Departed FedEx hub” China before it left China an than an “Arrived at FedEx hub” in Cologne layter “on the way” seams to be a line filler.

Like @Severin_PLOSSARD I am impatiently awaiting my FW 13 to be delivered to SW France, but I get weird updates from FedEx as they now show my package which was sent on Dec 11 to reach me by the 14th has now been sent back to China and then redirected to New Delhi of all places! The carbon footprint is getting larger by the day while I was stuck at home for two days to avoid missing the FedEx courrier!
If there’s a huge backlog at CDG Paris, does that mean doesn’t bother unloading their cargo and just send it back to Guangzhou in China? That’s what the tracking seems to show in any case. Seems crazy to me and all the while at the UAE Cop28 they quibble over who will pay for the “phasing out” of carbon fuels :weary:

@agrandl Seems we are on the same shipment… it appears that after New Delhi, we’re visiting Dubai right now.

1 Like

Seems like that, what a journey.

Where do you think this journey will go next?

Edit: hey finally in EU (France) just has to go to Germany now for me, so excited