AMD Batch 11 Guild

I went through a similar thought process, but decided that for the games I would generally play, the GPU/APU thing would be good enough. My goal really isn’t gaming with this thing - but I do want to run some Docker containers on it so the memory was important to me.

But that 16 inch model just looks so cool!

3 Likes

No email yet. I couldn’t be more excited. I ordered last week to replace my old acer laptop which I kept for 6 years until it kicked the bucket. Hoping to make this one last even longer

Edit: got my email a few hours after I made this post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Payment just taken. Hopefully dispatch is within sight?

2 Likes

Got charged an hour ago. My bank is declined this order. Framework asks me to complete order and I finish. Hope there will not have problems anymore.

1 Like

Got “Your order has shipped” mail. Can’t wait to receive it.

3 Likes

Likewise, just came through!

1 Like

Feels like batch 11 might be the last AMD batch. After that, it might just be “in stock” which would be pretty awesome!

1 Like

Shipped!

1 Like

Nothing for me, never been so sad to have still my money in my bank account :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Whoa! Good to know some are shipping, still waiting on my email :laughing:

1 Like

I just got charged!

1 Like

anxiously checking emails…still not charged…but glad for the progress!

combine this with a planned upgrade to fiber internet (only recently available in my rural area) and 2024 is shaping up to be nerdtacular!

4 Likes

I just fiber last month—5gbps symmetrical. That’s one of the reasons I’m upgrading to a Framework now: with the dead Thunderbolt interface in my Thinkpad, I had no way of using it with my personal laptop!

Got charged this afternoon for a DIY 7840U, excited to own and in the future upgrade a more sustainable device. Hopefully ships soon, it’s been well over a decade since I have owned a personal laptop.

3 Likes

Shipped!

1 Like

Woke up to my shipping notification this morning…never got the “charging notice” but I guess they got paid…can’t wait to get my hands on it!

1 Like

I received the packet and I finished to assemble the laptop. Everything works fine. That’s fantasic.

5 Likes

Nice work! What OS did you go with?

Just got my shipping notice.

These should come with the most recent BIOS and firmware updates, right, so I don’t immediately need to update those?

1 Like

We are indeed the last preorder batch. Congrats to all on this exclusive honor! :wink:

5 Likes