AMD Batch 11 Guild

Wow. On the FedEx vehicle for delivery today, a day earlier than scheduled. I watched it go from Taiwan → Alaska → Tennessee → Michigan in about 24 hours. It’s been in the air more than it’s been on the ground.

2 Likes

I also got no mail for the charge on the credit card, however, a tracking mail arrived this morning.
It’s on the way in Taiwan now.

So, we’re the last to receive the pre-order bonus stickers, I guess.

2 Likes

I’ll use Windows and Linux dual boot. I’m considering to use Gentoo or Arch. I’m a Gentoo user in server but not in laptop before. I’m not sure that the compiling base Linux can fullfill my use in daily laptop use.

2 Likes

I think yes. I checked my BIOS version at the first time boot. It’s 3.03, so I think that they already update from factory.

2 Likes

I was playing with arch and hyprland in a VM today too prep, definitely worth looking into for arch systems

I got mine yesterday, almost right after getting the shipping notice. I have no idea how it got here so fast; it must have zoomed directly across the country to my house.

It came so fast I don’t actually have the RAM and SSD I ordered from Newegg to install in it yet.

Mine was just shipped…

Now I wonder how long it will take to make it to Australia… before or after Christmas?

1 Like

Mine was shipped yesterday.
I was curious about the way it would take to Belgium,
it started in Taiwan → Philippines → China ->…
I already have the RAM and SSD waiting patiently.

1 Like

It seems to me our Laptops are in the same container/box/shipment. Destination is Germany on my end.

1 Like

Same here - although destination is UK and Fedex says it’s due for delivery today… Still says it’s in China lol.

Mine arrived today - responding to this post on it. Happy with initial impressions. Weirdly, build quality is far better than I was anticipating.

4 Likes

Ordered mine on Dec 12, right at the end of the pre-order phase :grinning:

1 Like

Hello,

Just paid for mine after receiving a stressing “We could not process your order” email explaining that I needed to contact my bank and get their approval before trying to pay againn. (Did not contact them directly, I first tried to pay regularly to check and it went through, so ‘Yay’ I guess ? )

How long did it take for you guys between the confirmation of the payment/being_charged, first delivery information and actual delivery at your places ?
(If you are in Europe, that’s even better for comparison, I’m in France currently. Ideally, it could be great if it arrived before christmas.)

Have a nice week and a lot of fun for those of you who received their laptop already.

1 Like

It took 1 day or 2. Never had the payment confirmation… only the shipping mail.

No luck for me for the delivery. As always with Fedex, they lied and said no one was present to receive the package.
@depate did you get yours ?

2 Likes

Yes, I did, @Marc_Vanderhaegen. Currently, installing the OS.

1 Like

My laptop arrived today. Received way earlier than I expected, and so I rushed to purchase an SSD and a thumb drive after my job. I installed Pop!_OS 22.04.

1 Like

Apparently, my family member received it today and I’ll be able to get it tomorrow.
Now, I’m just waiting for the RAM I ordered to arrive.

I got my Framework 13 a few days ago and had a great time putting it together and getting Fedora up and running. Been tweaking my linux set up and installing software ever since!

My only persistent issue is that I get a strange screen effect from time to time - on the built in display or on an external monitor. Essentially, a section of the display starts to flicker and display incorrectly and the issue seems to persist until I do a restart. Then all is well for a while.

It seems like a driver issue so I’m hoping there is a fix…if anyone knows anything please point me in the right direction, but I will also search the archives.

If anyone else comes across the graphical glitch I encountered and described above, you should check out this post as it seems to address the issue for most users:

3 Likes