AMD Batch 11 Guild

Just pre-ordered the Ryzen 7 13" DIY Edition in Batch 11 and there is no Batch 11 Guild so i’m making it :slight_smile:

My Specs:
Ryzen 7 7840U
DDR5-5600 32GB (2 x 16GB)
500GB SSD
Windows 11 Pro
2x USB-C, 1x USB-A, 1x HDMI, 1x Displayport
Black bezel

Hoping to have it before i go back to work in Jan!

1 Like

Welcome to the FW Club!

I ordered mine last night!
Ryzen 7 7840U
2 x USB-C, USB-A, HDMI, Ethernet, 1TB Storage
Orange Bezel
Ordered a 64G kit of Kingston FURY Impact and a 2TB SK hynix Platinum P41 nvme to toss in it
Fedora gang :smiley:

1 Like

I ordered mine last week.

System: AMD Ryzen™ 7 7840U
Memory: DDR5-5600 - 32GB (2 x 16GB)
And i already have an wd black sn850x 2to ready for the framework!

It’s gonna be my first framework and i will probably buy an egpu to game a bit with it !

Hey,

I ordered the framework 13 DIY for work on Friday.

Ryzen 7 7840U
2x USB-C, USB-A, HDMI, Ethernet, microSD

Separately:

32 GB (2x 16 GB) RAM
2 TB NVMe

I use Arch, btw.

I just received my Batch 11 and the assembly was smooth and easy. I did not know to order a USB-C card to plug in the power cord. So just plugged into an empty card slot. Unable to get it started with Win11 so far this weekend as it does not recognize my boot-up thumb drive. I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong here tho. Tried numerous downloads from my desktop PC.

I ordered and got placed in batch 11…did someone really get theirs already?? Wowzers.

I got:
Ryzen 7 7840U
64 GB (why? no reason)
2 TB SSD
Linux is going on it
USB-C and A, and the Ethernet port just in case…

Looking forward to building things on it as soon as I can!!!

1 Like

Joined in on batch 11 with a Ryzen 5. Anyone thinking of using Manjaro?

I think I am going to use Fedora since I like it ok and it is officially supported…

1 Like

I’ve never used Manjaro or Fedora. I can see official support being beneficial, lol. I use Ubuntu at work for robotics.

Just ordered mine! Upgrading from a Thinkpad T480. I’m planning to install Fedora Kinoite on it. I’ve been a long-time (25 years) Debian (and variants) user, but I’m looking forward to trying an immutable OS.

Orderd my DIY version 2 days ago.

AMD Ryzen™ 7 7840U
Bezel - Red
Clear ANSI Keyboard

• 2 x USB-C
  • USB-A
  • HDMI (3rd Gen)
  • Ethernet

I’m looking for my SSD and RAM. Considering 64GB RAM…

Boot manager will not recognize USB-C…only A…so until you get a card or possibly use a dongle (not sure if that’ll work either)…then you’re kinda in a holding pattern.

I do have a USB-A and works well with the thumb drive. Yes I plugged power cord directly into empty card slot…got power.
Five days later …still trying to load Windows 11 Media and OS.

I ordered mine on the 29th of November, with the Ryzen 5. Cannot wait for it to get here already. I’m based in Europe(one of the newly added countries) so I hope it doesn’t take longer to get here haha.

Just got the “We’re preparing your batch” email!

4 Likes

Likewise, got my preparing to ship email.

I’ve ordered a Ryzen 7, DIY, 3x USB-C, 1x USB-A, HDMI and RJ45.

Estimates 1 - 3 weeks in the prepping email, very happy with that timeline!

1 Like

I got my notice as well…maybe get it before the end of the year?? Nice!

I struggled with whether to get this one or the new 16 inch one…but the wait for the 16 is long and I suspect there might be some “first edition” kinks that have to get worked out…so I decided to go with the 13 since I think it will still meet my needs well. Eager to get my hands on it and try it out.

2 Likes

I initially put in a pre-order for a 16", but then I reminded myself that I’m not really a gamer (mainly occasional month-long sessions of Factorio, which isn’t GPU-intensive), and portability is more important to me. If I really want to get into heavy gaming, I can get an eGPU or a proper gaming desktop.

I have been going back-and-forth on Ryzen 5 vs Ryzen 7. I ordered the 5, since it seems to be plenty powerful for me. But then last night when I got the notification email I started second-guessing myself again and emailed support to see what would be involved in changing my order. It would require cancelling and reordering; I’d still be in batch 11, but I didn’t want to risk any additional lead time. I compared benchmarks of both chips vs my current personal laptop (a T480 with an 8th-gen Core i7) to remind myself that either CPU will be a vast upgrade. So, I’m fine with sticking with the Ryzen 5. I did order 64GB RAM and 2TB storage, which is probably more important for development workflows than CPU. I should be able to emulate my entire homelab on this thing. :smile:

3 Likes

I was in the same boat I wanted the 13 for portability and either CPU was more than enough for me but I did choose the Ryzen 7 since it has a better APU (12 vs 8 GPU cores).

1 Like