AMD Batch 2 Guild

Ordered March 31st havent been charged yet; they’re working through the batch gotta give it time.
Although, if anyone is gonna be delayed I’ll be one, went with the “I don’t want to wonder” thought so essentially have one of each card, so once I ship then you can start wondering since I’m in the last days of the batch and essentially every card, til then don’t worry :3

I have the same config but with an extra USB A card and RAM included, and received it today. No idea if it’s the config or if you’re just unlucky. I suspect they’ll ship more machines this week.

I got the board last week but Ubuntu is buggy and unusable. Fedora Workstation is buggy as well and it can’t login directly to wayland. For now I’m using KDE Arch and so far is been OK. Not a fan of KDE but it seems it is the most stable desktop env for now until new BIOS come out.

5 USB-C modules??

My TS4 dock cable is only about 2.6f/0.8m long, but my laptop is like 3ft/0.9m away. I’m going to ‘human centipede’ them all together to cover the extra distance.

Or it’s because I didn’t order enough when I bought my wife’s FW13.

8 Likes

I am in favor of the first option.

6 Likes

I’ll use Alpine Edge.

I got charged yesterday!

Ryzen 5

Order date Apr 10 2023

1 Like

i’m going to start with Fedora, then after a few weeks openSUSE tw, then after that I’ll try either endeavorOS or vanilla Arch.

I’m hoping to use Pop with it (as that’s the distro I’m most familiar with). First, however, I need to pick up a HD as I neglected to order one with the laptop.

I can’t use the one on the machine I’m using as I’m handing it over to a family member for their use.

EDIT: My laptop arrived today!

1 Like

Just got charged for the Ryzen 5. Order date: 29th March

Received my machine a day early as well, thanks Framework and Fedex! :tada: :bowing_man:

I run NixOS and so setup a new machine in my repo:

Got a long way to go yet and I’m seeing some issues with Firmware updates. Had to manually update the fingerprint reader but that’s all up and running too now.

Overall it’s running well but I’m eagerly awaiting the 3.03 BIOS. :smile:

Long Time lurker: was just charged for my Ryzen 7 DYI build. Order date was 26 March.

1 Like

Just got charged, DIY Ryzen 5 ordered on the 29th.

Throwing my hat in the ring for just being charged. Ordered April 1st. Ryzen 5 DIY, Grey Bezel, No Ram, No SSD. 2x USBA 2x USBC and an HDMI. No charger.

The bug report regarding the billing of the old card is now resolved:

Hello Benjamin,

Thank you for your patience, your case was escalated for review. Our apologies that the incorrect card was initially charged, our developers have identified and resolved the issue which caused this to occur and having reviewed the timing of this case it seems that the reattempted balance capture occurred after this issue was fixed (which is why the correct method was ultimately charged).

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out if you have any questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to help.
Regards,
Framework Support

3 Likes

Charged on Sunday night, just got the tracking number ~20 minutes ago and it looks like mine has already cleared Anchorage. My 7640 DIY is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. Go batch 2 :dash:

charged sunday evening, got shipping notice a few hours ago. 7640 DIY ETA Wednesday, Taiwan->California. already left anchrorage - their shipping is really fast!

Anyone with the green bezel on order? It seems my order shows the green bezel as a extra item (total of 2 items)

Hindsight, I would have chose black bezel if my order were sent early.

DIY not in one box?

FEDEX: Clearance delay - Import
All pieces have not arrived at clearance port together.

UPDATE:
Fedex says no paperwork was in the order so they need duties and tax paid before they can release it… that’s a big miss not to include paperwork! (the duties and taxes are included in the price)

“successfully charged the remaining balance” email ! Ryzen 7.

Hurrah!