AMD Batch 2 Guild

Oh thanks hadnt seen that post, will check it out!

Been reading up but wasn’t sure quite how up to date it would be with something as new as amd frameowkr but glad to see theres some documentation about it, really been looking forward to trying it out should go well with doing functional dev in OCaml on a functional OS haha

1 Like

Yeah, the idea of an immutable os that is reproducible is great as a concept. Hopefully, I can get it set up without too much issue, but even if I run into problems it’s always fun to tinker and once it is working I know I will always have a config to go back to and restore my system to fully functional. :smiley:

Generally speaking, the nixos-unstable versions of core components such as the kernel tend to be more or less on par with Arch; huge rebuild-the-world updates such as Gnome usually arrive a month or two late, though. Unfortunately, even for kernel-specific issues Framework only defines supported distributions and refuses to enumerate working upstream kernel releases, so I’ve no way to tell if that’ll be sufficient.

That is absolutely the biggest thing for me going in; I have Ubuntu on desktop in proxmox with my userdata on a fileshare so I can play around and not lose my data/hop around without worry but even playing slightly with my ubuntu configs has fucked up my data and made it roundabout a dead install before anyways so super not confident in trying arch (as was the original plan) but once I have a nix install set the way that feels nice to me on laptop… thinking it’ll be easy to bring it back tpo my desktop and then I can actually tinker without too much worry haha

1 Like

Thanks for the insight! That’s definitely good to know/keep in mind! Here’s to hoping someone in batch1 finds the workable one first then haha

Definitely sounds like a backend issue. Records not updated properly and therefore data isn’t being queried properly either. And I also highly doubt that they are handling their own transactions, rather opting for a third party.

1 Like

What date did you order on?

March, 25th. If I remember correctly, the Ryzen 5 was still on Batch 1 at that time, so it was probably one of the early orders of Batch 2.

I’ve never been so impatient for a company to take my money before

P.S. I placed my order April 2nd

2 Likes

same, the anticipation is intense.

Placed my order on March 27th

Charged and shipped!

3 Likes

My batch 2 just shipped two hours ago. I’m sure this new will calm people down.
I ordered at 25th of March.

6 Likes

that’s making me very excited. Ryzen 7?

That’s exciting news ! Hopefully this means that the Bios issues have been resolved and that there will be a new more stable Bios published soon. I’m really eager to get feedback on the stability and performance of the FW under Linux with the new Bios, both from batch 1 & 2 users here and Phoronix.

Thank you, I’m March 31st so I’m waiting patiently…

Mine is on its way too. Ordered March 24th. Will be delivered October 24th (tracking website), same day when Fedora 39 will be released. I am so excited.

1 Like

Mine shipped as well, Ryzen 7 ordered March 24th. Very excited! Much sooner than I anticipated.

1 Like

Charged yesterday and shipped today. Parcel tracking estimated it should arrive to me (Perth, Western Australia) Thursday next week.

The buttholes charged the wrong card! It’s all good though. I can adapt. Had the right one set as default and everything. Ah well, still wicked excited to get my system and put it together.

2 Likes

Same! The card they charged me on was no longer even showing on my account… I’ll adapt too!

2 Likes