AMD Batch 3 Guild

Reporting in, mine was shipped this morning and will arrive in 5 days according to fedex which is quite fast.

Upgrade from T440p, my last “new” laptop since those were the last really upgradable thinkpads (and it has a desktop processor in it now). So I raise your “nth” gen intel upgrade to 4th gen. I’m looking forward to proper GPU performance :laughing: And the pain of installing debian and getting all my custom stuff running again

4 Likes

Was charged today for my DIY, no OS, Ryzen 5, 2x16GB RAM, 1 TB SN850X SSD, 2 USB-C, 2 USB-A. Ordered May 17, 2023. Can’t wait to get back to a pure Linux laptop! Shipping to Canada so the timing should be perfect for the F39 final release.

Edit: received my shipping notice today (2023-10-27) with a predicted delivery date of 2023-10-30! I’ll believe that when I see it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I got my email stating the “Payment complete!” The email was very short and stated the shipment would be within the next few business days (shipping to the Chicago 'burbs)

My order was the DIY - no OS and no NVMe:

*Mainboard (AMD Ryzen™ 7040 Series) - Ryzen™ 7 7840U
*DDR5-5600 - 64GB (2 x 32GB)
*AMD RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E

I have already receive all the other items I ordered earlier this year.

The goal is to have my 11th Gen Framework 13" be converted to use these parts. I have not decided the Linux distro, but it will be something that I know will work with AMD processors.

This will be my 3rd Framework unit as the two older units are still going to be used for similar tasks.

The old parts are going to be repurposed to make a 11th Gen Framework desktop using the Cooler Master case. It will have the cooler master case, the 11th Gen Framework mainboard, the Intel wifi chip, US-type power cable, the ethernet card, and a USB C (as that is required for power), and the remaining slots are still undecided.

2 Likes

Just charged today as well!

Hello fellow Illinoisan @Patrick_Corey

I’m still waiting to be charged. Hurry up and take my money! LOL

3 Likes

You and I both!
May 2nd, Ryzen 5 DIY. Black bezel, no AC adapter.
2x A, 2x C, 1x MicroSD, 1x HDMI

1 Like

Just got charged on Thursday for my April 9th order. :grinning:

Got shipping notification Friday for Monday arrival to its US destination.

Configuration
System: AMD Ryzen™ 7 7840U DIY
No RAM
No OS
No SSD
No Power Adapter

Customization
Laptop Bezel: Bezel - Black
Keyboard: US English

Expansion Cards
2 x USB-C – USB-C Expansion Card
HDMI (3rd Gen)
2 x USB-A
Ethernet
MicroSD
DisplayPort (2nd Gen)

1 Like

I know dates aren’t everything, but I like living the anxiously excited dream that mine will soon be charged and shipped too :partying_face: :sweat_smile:

May 8th for me.

1 Like

Uh oh, Fedex now says there’s a customs clearance delay in Winnipeg:

Clearance delay - Import
Goods are subject to regulatory review.

We’ll see if this clears up.

2 Likes

I think mine is in the same shipment as yours @Kelvie . Hopefully it goes through and it comes in tomorrow!

We’ll find out if 3.03 is pre-installed!

I ordered May 8th. Ryzen 7 DIY, gray bezel, no ac adapter, 3 x USB-C, USB-A, Ethernet, HDMI

Does it seem like there is more correlation between shipping location in those who are getting shipping notices for the batch, than original order date in the batches going out the past 2-3 days?

I’m seeing a 1+ month spread in order dates but most people are reporting they are in Germany or Canada the past two days.

1 Like

That’s cause the last of us in batch 2 are in canada and germany it seems so they lumped the first of y’all in with us haha.
Seems to be whatever largest group they can get together that came first goes out together, or in our case yalls first fit in with our lasts hence the larger gap

1 Like

If you want to hear something funny, my FW was picked up in Taiwan yesterday afternoon, arrived in the Philippines around midnight and landed in France, more or less directly in Paris, around noon today. Impressive, isn’t it? And now guess when it will arrive at my place. Tomorrow? Monday? No, no, Thursday! So here we go, less than 24h to get basically from one end of the world to the other and then 4 days to get from FR to GER. I guess FedEx relies on Deutsche Bahn over here as a subcontractor, that would explain this discrepancy. O_o This or french railway workers on strike again. :stuck_out_tongue:

I got a Fed Ex notification today. I normally get direct notifications from Fed Ex, UPS, and USPS when any of the address I track have a label printed.

The tracking status shows the process to shipping the unit has started from Taiwan. This email from Fed EX is ahead of any notification from Framework sharing the official shipping status.

I am assuming once the shipping label is affixed to the package and picked up, my Framework order would be updated (and an email from Framework and sent).

Updated: As I was getting this post wrapped up, I received an email from Framework regarding my order; it has shipped. The odd thing is the tracking number is fedex, but the email “track package” button went to site called aftership.com. My wish is that Framework would warn or alert people (via the same email) that Framework works or partners with this site. I generally use the shipper’s site/tracking system rather than using “these middle position companies”.

2 Likes

I think my model was in the same plane as yours. But it is expected to arrive tuesday for me (also germany, but with french keyboard).

Same for me, ours must have been on the same flight. Just saw that my parcel has been released for import. Also supposed to arrive on Tuesday…

…except mine is to be delivered in France :slightly_smiling_face: So not a problem with Deutsche Bahn for sure. I would like to think this is on SNCF, but I’m afraid that logistics companies are largely relying on trucks now, not railway, for these kind of distances.

Just got my R5 (3rd of May) today, everything working good so far!

5 Likes

FedUp is about to do some funny fuckery
(the “good old in-and-out-game”, I guess)

1 Like

After 12 hours from the shipping notification, the Framework package left Taiwan and landed in the US via Alaska.

The delivery doors would be similar to my experiences with Apple products that were built per the order configuration.

I will share an update once I receive it.

1 Like