AMD Batch 6 Guild

Mine arrived today.
Ordered RAM (Crucial 32GB Kit) and SSD (Samsung 980 Evo) separately, so the device came only with charger and modules.

DIY “build” was VERY easy, 10-15 minutes max.
Win10 Pro Setup via USB Stick was done in about 3 minutes, this thing rips!
So far everything is stable and the driver package installed without problems.
Very happy right now! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have finally got it!!! So happy!
It took me 10 minutes to put it together and I am installing fedora right now.

2 Likes

Mine is stuck in a delivery center 5 kms from my house for the past 10 hrs with an estimated delivery date as tomorrow morning but now it says delivery window not available :person_facepalming:

Up and running Memtest86 :grinning:

Did any of you guys try memtest ? My CPU is running hot and the fan is going crazy pushing loads of scolding hot air.
It’s going extremely fast for 64GB tho, so it might be normal. 30 minutes for that much memory really shows these CPUs are monsters.

Assembly was trickier than expected. I repair phones and laptops all the time but I struggled with the input cover. The connector doesn’t really click as the instruction said, and aligning the cover itself took multiple tries. (and it’s still not perfectly centered :sweat_smile:)

I’m delighted. I played Baldur’s Gate 3 (on the Windows 11 Pro partition) for about 4 hours tonight, and it was completely stable and ran extremely well :heart_eyes:

I think I had bad thermal paste guys. The fan was screaming just booting windows 11 :sweat_smile:

The system did not report throttling, but the fan was a high pitched jet engine. CPU stayed between 85 and 90 with a 30W package consumption, so it wasn’t obvious. The thermal paste layer was even but seemed way too thick, like .3mm or something.

A repaste with PTM7950 made the system almost fanless while browsing, dropped 10 degress running cinebench R23, with a score increase from 11000 to 13000. No fan for the first two minutes of memtest86+ :open_mouth:

Check your machines, I’m probably not the only one in this batch. If opening a web browser spools the fan hard immediately, you might have an issue.

4 Likes

Received my batch 6 AMD mainboard & CoolerMaster case last week, but didn’t have time to put it all together until Sunday.

Replaced the 11th gen batch 5 mainboard with the new AMD board, which took about 20 minutes, then installed the 11th gen into the CoolerMaster case.

Everything works and I’m a happy camper.

Mine (Belgium) arrived at FedEx Heusden-Zolder today around a little after 9 in the morning. Against my expectations, it got delivered today :slight_smile:

I know what to do this evening…

1 Like

@Aquatica have you got your laptop?

No, the delivery is scheduled for today but the tracking says it’s still near Caserta

Tbh I don’t think it will be delivered today

Mine got delivered yesterday, initial impressions seem really good. Only issue seems to be track pad is misaligned a bit and there is a double left click

Have you contacted support? Perhaps you just need to unscrew it a bit and align, otherwise they can RMA it

Does “On the way [LOCATION]” mean On the way FROM [LOCATION] or TO [LOCATION]?

Not yet, probably I will tonight

1 Like

Yes, it should change to “Out for delivery” next

I don’t think so, I’m in a different region, it’s hundreds of kms away :disappointed:

Sorry I misread the message,just before it’s out for delivery it should say at final delivery center or something similar

1 Like

Just delivered! Fedex tracking is still saying near Caserta lol

3 Likes

@Aquatica I am so happy for you! Enjoy your new laptop!