AMD Batch 7 Guild

I plan on doing the PTM7950 but I will wait a couple months before doing it. The original thermal paste will be at its best at first and I’ll get time to judge if it’s needed or not.
The PTM7950 doesn’t seem hard to get, the results from the Aliexpress 0.2mm thick one are very close from the original 0.25mm.

Me too, need to work abroad so having a maxed out fw with me would be nice. Im going for the windows os, hopefully it will work nicely

1 Like

Based on the conversation above about prices, I looked at what components are going for at my local Microcenter, and indeed I can save at least $65 by bringing my own storage and RAM. I’ll get over the compatibility worries (I’m used to the desktop world where anything with a SATA port is fair game!)
So I just changed my order with Framework, thankfully I’m still in the illustrious Batch 7. I think I’ll wait until Black Friday and see what kinds of sales pop up on SSDs and RAM!

1 Like

batch 6 got emails does any one here have them?

Based on previous batches the initial email notifications are a week apart. Expected date for batch 7 is 15/11

1 Like

I have joined the waiting group for batch 7! Also I didnt realize they were already on batch 6!

The email is coming! Be strong my friends…

3 Likes

likely to arrive in 5 days according the stats (they are 6 days between batches since batch 2)
tick-tock-tick-tock

2 Likes

After Batch 6 got their confirmation emails…

Me after hitting F5 on my keyboard every 1 minute, no email arrives.

2 Likes

I’m still undecided on the R5 or the R7 and have a batch 7 order for the R5

It will depend a lot on how you use it.

For example, I got an R7 for myself to run several virtual machines.

For my wife I’m planning to get an R5 as she uses it to access the internet, office and make calls.

I’m going R5 and I’ll be using it for Fusion360 and/or similar workloads. In my experience, I haven’t ever run out of cores on my desktop (R5 3600) unless I’m compiling or running a heavy vm. Super excited :))))

I got so addicted to the anticipation that when Batch 2 started shipping, I ordered a Batch 9 too. But now they have Batch 10, with a Q4 delivery. I’ll have to find something else to wait for.

2 Likes

I got the email!!! Heeeeeeeeeell yeah!!

1 Like

I got my email too!! Woot!!

3 Likes

“We expect to ship your order out between one and three weeks from today.”
It’ll be a Thanksgiving miracle! :laughing:

3 Likes

Woop woop. #MeToo! :joy:

1 Like

same here. very excited

1 Like