AMD Batch 8 Guild

As long as you 5600 you should be good. Most complaints on RAM I see are about 5200. You should be fine…I went with Crucial 5600.

1 Like

I got the Crucial 5600 as well. Went overkill on the RAM because 6 times the memory for only about 2.5x the cost of Framework’s $80 16GB cost seemed like a no-brainer to never have to upgrade the RAM again. Since it’s an APU I figure I’m relying on for both CPU and GPU so maxing out the RAM is more justified from that standpoint as well.

1 Like

I got 64 also as I often run several VMs.

1 Like

I’ve been gaming on a 6800U laptop with 16 GB of RAM shared between the CPU and GPU - it’s fine. You’re not going to be maxing out the settings of the latest AAA games on the integrated graphics, and I can’t imagine a game needing more than 8 GB of VRAM without bottlenecking on something else first.

1 Like

I have been using my GPD Win 4 6800U with 32GB and it has been fantastic. 16 would have been more then enough for me to, I just wanted the option to run a VM or 2. I stuck with 32GB for this round too as it has worked just fine for me.

1 Like

Looks like some of Batch 6 have laptops in hand, we’re getting closer and closer!

4 Likes

Just got the “preparing batch 8” email! (November 21st)

Edit: credit card charged email came on November 29th.

Edit 2: It shipped from Taiwan the next day. Estimated delivery in the US on December 4th.

Edit 3: It arrived, right on time! Haven’t assembled it yet, but everything appears to be there and in good shape.

9 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

6 Likes

We’re finally here folks!

4 Likes

me too. That was a lot quicker than I expected!

3 Likes

YAY!!!

2 Likes

I’m trying to temper my excitement, since according to the e-mail it could still be another 3 weeks.

But it’s a losing battle, I’m hyped to get my hands on this and it should be huge for my productivity!

2 Likes

Also just got my email!!! so excited.

1 Like

I also got an email, and ordered on 07. Oct 2023. It said it takes between 1-3 weeks from now on.

I ordered a Framework Laptop 13 DIY Edition AMD Ryzen™ 7 7840U. I am also excited :wink: .

1 Like

The duolingo owl said it!

7 Likes

Got my e-mail also!!!

As a Batch 7 member, I am happy for you guys! Just be patient for the next 2-3 weeks - Batch 7 folks have still not started getting charged yet.

3 Likes

Got mine also!!! I’m in no rush…my 11th Gen is still holding strong (I’m typing on it).

1 Like

Your wait might almost be over. I suspect the first of batch 7 will get charged tomorrow or Thursday. It seems like it is usually 7-8 days from the email to the first charges (but then 2-3 weeks before everyone in the batch gets charged+shipped).

1 Like

According to this graph posted to Reddit we are most likely looking at somewhere between December 5th and 12th for when our batch’s shipping starts.

I personally expect a slight delay due to both Thanksgiving and it being the start of December.
https://www.reddit.com/r/framework/s/3z210Dv6jX

2 Likes