Announcing the Framework Marketplace

aaaaaaaaaaaaand… ORDERED!.. Thanks a bunch!

2 Likes

@ctl Heck Yea! Ordered one and an additional USB-C expansion. You guys are seriously the best!

1 Like

Yes hello, I’d like to refer my two good friends John Carmack and Linus Torvalds to Framework. You can send my two laptops to the same address as the one I already ordered. Thanks! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The CyberDecks are going to be legendary. Throw all of these parts into a Pelican 1400 case and you’ve got yourself a portable* waterproof monster. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It looks like ordering the individual parts to build a 1135G7 version would cost about 2X what buying the complete laptop does. I think I’m gunna do it anyway :smiley:

11 Likes

Grin, yeah moments after I already placed an order… Sent you a message to combine the shipment. :joy:

2 Likes

Awesome news, love the shop! just a little thing, but I was looking though it and does each part come with the required screws? I know there are included extras, but as a chronic screw dropper, I was just wondering if there would be a way to get more.

2 Likes

Any plans for a Japanese keyboard? Or any other languages not currently listed?

3 Likes

Oh nice! A few of the expansion cards I want are coming soon, so I’ll have to be patient

1 Like

All the keyboards show as coming soon. When they are made available, will it be though the configurator as well, or only the marketplace?

1 Like

Man, I wanted one of these before, but now I really want one. I mean, the ability to replace every single part? If these start shipping worldwide that would be a literal godsend.

2 Likes

Part of me really wants to swap out parts for cosmetics but at the same time I realize that as long as what I have is functional it’s a bit of a waste so going to hold off for now… maybe later on the community will be along enough that part sales / exchange will be more common.

7 Likes

Y’all need to chill with the JavaScript :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

@ctl, Not to be pushy, but when do you all think you will be accepting 3rd party modules in your marketplace? Or would it be better for you guys to have a 3rd party showcase with links to like Tinde/Amazon etc?

2 Likes

On the contrary, I really enjoy the spinning “back to top” and little view bubble. I think that all too often websites go down the path of minimalism which starts to blend them all together into one blur. Bring on the fun creative stuff!

11 Likes

This is SO DAMNED COOL. Thank you!

1 Like

Will a Cyrillic keyboards be added?

3 Likes

Yep, Japanese is one that requires additional tooling, so we don’t have it ready yet. It is on the roadmap though. Additional languages will come later.

8 Likes

Wohooooo​:partying_face::partying_face: do you have any plans of a Danish/Swedish/Nordic keyboard?

1 Like

@FaultedBeing, I believe we’ve resolved the error you posted in the screenshot above. While the error message is correct in that we’re requiring marketplace orders and laptop pre-orders to be separated, it shouldn’t have appeared with only one item in your bag.

Feel free to try again and let us know if you are still having an issue.

2 Likes