Anyone decide to return?

The board assembly as a whole (and the laptop as a product) should have been validated at the factory.

If I buy Garmin smartwatch, and the battery has issue upon arrival…it’s a Garmin issue, not Panasonic.

Any company that wants to do manufacturing in Asia (no mater what country) has to have people on the ground in the factory ensuring that quality control is done right, and that cheap junky parts aren’t swapped in for the good parts.

Apple has the money to make that happen. Most companies don’t, not the electronics companies, nor the shampoo companies, nor the shoe companies etc.

Two books on this:

• Poorly Made In China: An Insider’s Account of the Tactics Behind China’s Production Game is a book by Paul Midler,
  • Shoe Dog by Phil Knight (about Nike and Japan)
1 Like

Another great book, by someone with firsthand experience in overseas startup electronics manufacturing, is The Hardware Hacker by Andrew Huang.

1 Like

Was just dropping by this thread and noticed this came up! It’s such an amazing book! Would definetly reccomend to anyone!!

sigh I will for the sake of not getting into another political battle, ignore the poke at Asian factories…

5 Likes

Great books indeed. wasnt sure how to react to this thread (im very happy 12th gen framework laptop owner).
An open letter from bunnie, author of Hacking the Xbox: | No Starch Press free Andrew Huang book, (also, the hacker, not the music and video producer)

1 Like

Very late response but yes, I am now happy with my AMD mainboard, but when I first bought the laptop, it was very early on and I had a multitude of issues with the 11th gen Intel mainboard (dodgy USB ports, constant BSODs despite fresh reinstall of the OS and driver reinstalls, etc.)

I straight up did not use the computer for 2.5-3 years as a result, not until the AMD mainboards released.