August/Batch2 Delivery thread

Ordered 7/27 (1165G7), got the “Shipping soon” email 8/31, nothing else yet for me

Edit: Less than an hour after I posted… got a shipping notification! Should get here Tuesday

Idk folks… Lotta rain just fell in the eastern US… And if these things are shipping from North Jersey all the parcel carriers are gonna have issues.
(Btw got my shipping soon email, hopefully the air cargo industry is not as effected)

2 Likes

Just got mine today. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Let the fun begin!

1 Like

Just got mine, Portland Oregon. It went together fine, but Windows installation isn’t yet working. Searching the other topics for help.

Ordered mine late July. Received mine today 9/2. It’s running great. Having read through the forums with other install issues, I want to give my take on them:

Touchpad not responsive: When windows install first launches on USB boot drive, it had a hard time finding the touch pad and registering click responses. I did one restart and a few hard clicks in the center of the touchpad which resolved it.

Wifi not working: During windows install, the default drivers didn’t pick up the wifi. I had to skip the windows install steps and then install the framework driver exe. That driver exe was beautiful and fixed everything.

I only had one minor issue I will send to the support team soon. One of my USB-C cards arrived with a slightly bent tip. My other cards sat nice and flush in the slot with the frame. The one card was protruding. Fortunately I ordered an extra USB-C just to keep as a spare since I am rough on charging ports.

1 Like

@Dylan_McNamee Try using the windows USB tool. Format a USB hard drive or storage drive. Then use the tool: Download Windows 10

My screen stayed dark even after a few hard restarts. There is a post somewhere that says the battery ships in a safe mode that requires you to start it with the charger plugged in. I kept having to hard reset the power. I eventually moved the charger to the other side of the laptop and finally the screen came on after a few more hard resets to kick it out of that mode. There are more posts about bios settings changes for safe boot if it keeps having issues booting your USB.

Finally got a tracking number email. The number in the email isn’t in the system yet, but at least its progress.

And I also got mine! The keyboard is a bit of a transition for me, coming from a ThinkPad keyboard, but so far I’m loving this laptop. Good work, Framework team!

1 Like

Still no update from FedEx been stuck in Chicago for a week customer service said it would surely be delivered by tomorrow… Chicago is 1500 miles from my location…

1 Like

@Mike_Morden
:rofl:

6 Likes

I have received my I7-1185… on September 02, It was an easy setup, EXCEPT: the wifi card was a nuisance to hold while trying to keep the antennas attached to put the metal guard on! (I have large hands). A word of advise: as long as you are waiting for your system to arrive, read through the online guides if you are going to be installing Win10 and using the Vpro wifi card, and be sure to download the Framework drivers file to the Win10 install USB that you create, it will save you hours of fumbling… I am enjoying this laptop now, it would have been nice to have touch screen, but I am happy. I sourced a Samsung 980 pro 2TB SSD for this so I am sailing along. Great job by Frame Work!!! It was worth the wait! If you have not ordered yet, remember, the power adapter uses a USB C port, so you may want to order an extra, my request for extra didn’t make it to the order before it shipped but I shall adjust and improvise! Good luck to all!

This :arrow_double_up:

July 27/1165 gang here. September 7 (Tuesday) delivery for me as well

2 Likes

@David_Lancaster Basically I believe you don’t need to order extra Type-C module for power input. You can directly plug your power brick to the USB4 Type-C port on your laptop( all the extenstion modules plug to these ports).

1 Like

I got my laptop yesterday (Sep 2)!

• Ordered on July 23.
  • Preparing to ship batch on Aug 16.
  • Preparing to ship order on Aug 25.
  • Card charged and Order is shipping soon email on Aug 26.
  • Order has shipped on Aug 31.
  • Delivery on Sep 2.

I’ve already got Archlinux installed running my own window manager. Figuring out the DPI situation was a bit tricky, but I think I got it into a good spot.

2 Likes

27 Jul - Ordered DiY i7-1165G7 - Batch 2
25 Aug - Delay notice
30 Aug - We’re gonna charge ya w/in 1-2 bizdays
02 Sep - We charged ya. The kit will ship in 1-2 days
03 Sep - Shipped - Fedex estimates 08 Sep

My favorite Phrase of the Day (PotD) from the Framework crew? When sending the “we’re gonna charge ya” email, they kindly specified that:

We’ll send the next email when payment is captured.

Which makes me think of Pirates. Which, in turn, leads me to remind everyone that 19 Sept (a mere 2 weeks away) is ITLAPD!

Arrrr, avast buccaneer! The chumbucket of a lappy is nigh!

1 Like

Wow did not realize that

Just got my laptop!

Assembling all the parts took about 5 minutes. The wireless card antenna weren’t as complicated as I thought, I attached the cables and used the flat plastic end of the screwdriver to route the cables once it was installed.

Peace out, thread. Time to install NixOS and spend the long weekend configuring it to my liking. Hoping everyone gets theirs soon!

6 Likes

My laptop just shipped! Coming Wednesday!!! (i7-1165G7 DIY edition batch 2)

2 Likes

24 hours since shipping email, the tracking code still says:

“No record of this tracking number can be found at this time, please check the number and try again later. For further assistance, please contact”

Knowing my luck it is stuck in NJ thanks to Ida