August/Batch2 Delivery thread

It’s been 8 days since I was charged. It’s been 3 days since I opened a ticket with support.

No response. No ship. I’m starting to feel scammed.

1 Like

This is alarming.

received, mounted with dualboot windows (windows 11) and linux (manjaro linux) (refind )
sometimes this weekend i will put some screenshots

1 Like

This is definitely not expected. Could you DM me your order number?

2 Likes

@RandomUser
I believe in 21st century everyone has access to their credit card account via online or mobile application. Trust me, it’s really easy to find out the transaction from Frame.Work there. :rofl:

1 Like

I was also in the July 27th/1165/Batch 2/Delayed until the 2nd week of Sept club. Then on Aug 30th I got the shipping soon notification, got charged on Thurs Sept 2nd, and Shipped Fri afternoon. I did not get upgraded to 2nd day shipping, so FedEx says it is scheduled to arrive this coming Thurs in AZ. Of course I’m going out of town next weekend, so unboxing and setup will have to wait until the following week.

Mine is still sitting at the FedEx center less than 30 minutes away… 2 days it has been there. Makes no sense as usual.

Grumble

Notification from Fedex this morning…package is arriving early and is out for delivery today :smiley: Considering it was in a Pennsylvania hub yesterday you can color me impressed. I’m in VA.

2 Likes

Got the shipping notice on Wednesday with a scheduled delivery of the 7th, but it’s now gone to pending and seems unsurprisingly stuck in New Jersey.

I just got a “on truck for delivery” finally this morning. I guess I will see if it actually happens.

2 Likes

Crossing my fingers for ya (but not holding my breath).

1 Like

Mine shipped yesterday from NJ and is in PA today, hoping since i’m in Michigan it’ll arrive earlier than the expected Wednesday

Order date Jul 23, 2021 i7-1165G7 DIY
Delivery Batch 2 (Aug)
Progress:

1. “preparing to ship batch 2” Aug 16th 12:12pm
  2. “about to charge credit card” Aug 25th 11:22am
  3. “successfully charged credit card… will ship in the next 1-2 days.” Aug 26th 10:08pm
  4. Windows key available Aug 30th 7pm
  5. “Your order has shipped” w/tracking number Aug 31st
  6. Sept 1st actually picked up by FedEx & Departing Newark NJ
  7. Sept 2nd in Seattle
  8. Sept 2nd in Bellingham
  9. Sept 4th delivery to Lummi Island
  10. cue the happy Dance

Thankfully it made it before the ferry is going out of service.

Thank you Framework, the system looks and feels great. Unfortunately I only could unpack it… Have a pressing project today.

I’ll be back…

14 Likes

Now we know the reason for all the delays; @ImaxinarDM purchased all the modules they had in stock :smile:

10 Likes

OK, support reached out about my (3.5 day old) ticket last night, and reported back this morning that the laptop was waiting on a back-ordered expansion card. Support says they’re going to ship Tuesday and get me that card separately. Fingers crossed.

To the support org, thank you all for figuring this out for me. Have a lovely long weekend.

4 Likes

I didn’t order any of the storage expansion modules… So not quite all of them…

2 Likes

In the same boat as you, on the west side of the state, but due to the holiday I would assume Wednesday at the earliest.

1 Like

It’s here :eyes:
Word of advice to everyone reading…when you take it apart first, don’t get over excited and rip the keyboard off forcibly disconnecting the ribbon cable. :smirk:

Shoutout to Framework, for making a product that withstood being ripped out without destroying the ribbon cable :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Happy to say that I’m making this post from my new framework laptop! After bugging FedEx enough and opening an investigation it magically appeared in salt lake the next day which it showed up on my doorstep the following morning. I am incredibly satisfied with the product and I will hopefully be using it for a long time. Thank you to the framework team for making an amazing product. I think we all wish you the best of luck in sticking around in this market.

6 Likes

I freaking love this laptop, and I have, for decades, NOT been a laptop person. One issue has been that, after 2 years, they become e-waste. HOWEVER, this one is a no-compromise in what I want with portable computing. This laptop has already proven that I can repair if I (stupidly) damage something. At the same time, I’m happy with it’s performance, and the keyboard fits me much better than my work Lenovo. As far as I’m concerned, this is my best hardware purchase that I’ve made in a very, very long time!

7 Likes