August/Batch2 Delivery thread

Just received an email saying that there was a problem processing my credit card, and now I’m being told that I’m relegated to Batch 3. What gives?

(And, yes, I have notified the issuing bank, so there should in theory be no problem with re-processing for Batch 2)

Update: Just updated credit card info, and now the order page is showing that I’m still in Batch 2. Guess it’s time to order an SSD and some RAM…

So much for thinking that my card would be charged in two days, they charged it now! I’m so excited! Wow! I can’t believe the way Framework is managing schedules so well, especially the way the world is so chaotic now!

1 Like

Yep, just got my shipping notice too. Card successfully charged, order will ship in 1-2 days. :partying_face:

1 Like

Still no email or charge for a batch 2 ordered July 28th, really hope there’s not a problem with my order/account.

4 Likes

@DominicBauers - I ordered July 27th, haven’t gotten anything either.

waiting_oldskool

Guessing mine might be shipping in September? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

FWIW, I ordered mine on May 15.

Ordered mine may 20th and my card was also charged today. Very excited to try out Void linux for the first time with it!

@DominicBauers @codenomad

You might have just been Over the edge for the First wave of batch 2. I myself was very surprised to get my first email about beginning to process my order… As I placed mine on July 23rd. So hang in there… A few days unfortunately do make a difference when handling this many orders.

1 Like

Ordered on July 27th here as well. No email yet, but all the email correspondence right after purchase indicates Batch 2 - let’s hope we at the end of July didn’t get silently pushed to Batch 3 without a notice…

1 Like

@DominicBauers put my deposit in July 27th, so I’m gonna guess next week or so. From what I can see, the emails are surely making their way through June at a healthy pace so shouldn’t be too long.

3 Likes

Also ordered July 27th, no email yet. Hoping we’ll get it soon!

1 Like

Are you people that are in batch 2 that placed an order in July 26~27th in the i7 batches? Because I ordered an i5 diy on the 26th an I’m in batch 3 so curious how so many seem to be in batch 2 but ordered at the same time.

1 Like

I did, assuming everyone else who ordered in that time also for i7s cause i5s for batch 2 were sold out

There is more demand for the i5 model than the i7 model. So the i5 laptops reached batch 3 sooner than the other options.

2 Likes

Placed my order on July 26th for an i7 1165 DYI on batch 2 and no email or charge yet, but hope both will come soon.

1 Like

@Sidewayz I ordered the i7. When I placed my order, i5 DIY was already slated to be in Batch 3.

1 Like

Also ordered an i7 on the 28th after watching LTT’s review, still getting radio silence. I’m getting a bit impatient because I can’t stand the old junker HP laptop that I’m writing this on. This thing’s basically a brick with only 2 cores and no boost clock to speak of. At least it’s possible to swap the battery without opening it, but actually getting the case open is a whole other story. I still wish there was an AMD board available from the get go.

Also ordered an i7 on the 28th after watching LTT’s review, still getting radio silence. I’m getting a bit impatient because I can’t stand the old junker HP laptop that I’m writing this on.

Please keep in mind how many other people ordered after watching that LTT video :slight_smile: The site was down for like 2 days due to the insane demand.

4 Likes

Thanks for the context @Marcus_D - I’d ordered an i7 the day before the review & been waiting… restively. Your post gives me a dollop of patience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ordered on the first day of availability in May. All quiet on further processing until they were ready to ship at the end of July. Actually received goodies in August.

I don’t know how they are queuing up the orders within the batches, it probably depends on the exact combinationof what you ordered. Mine was a high spec Pro model, with charger, and 8 expansion cards, maybe that affected the place in the queue.
Anticipation, etc.