August/Batch2 Delivery thread

No email yet, suspecting gmail is going to start rate-limiting my refreshes :wink:

waiting_patiently

4 Likes

Now that I know others in batch 2 are being notified, every email notification I get is a burst of excitement followed by disappointment that itā€™s not from Framework. A lesson in patience, I suppose. Just have to remind myself that August isnā€™t over yetā€¦

I also ordered an i7-1165G7 DIY model on July 27

5 Likes

I got my email on Monday but didnā€™t see it for a while because it got sent to spam. While youā€™re all refreshing your inboxes, check the spam folders too :wink:

2 Likes

The fact that so many of us are so excited about getting our Framework laptops tells me that weā€™re a bunch of crazy nerds. Itā€™s awesome.

15 Likes

I ordered my i7-1165G7 DIY kit on July 27th, hoping to get my email soon. Reading the forum has me giddy with anticipation,

3 Likes

Yup. After refreshing my email umpteen times, I meticulously scanned the spam folder, scanned it againā€¦ and re-scanned again. Then I bulk deleted the spam so only the freshest of the fresh will show. :sunglasses:

Anticipation, thy name is ā€œframe.ā€ :grin:

2 Likes

I got my email this past Monday. Mine got quarantined by the spam filters. I order a i7-1165G7 DIY on July 22.

Someone take our money! PLEASE!!!

9 Likes

I ordered the i7 1165 (DIY) on july 27th, still nothing on my end. : / Fingers crossed I get the email in the next few days, as Iā€™m leaving the US in the beginning of september.

2 Likes

Still waiting for my DIY version shipment notification. Iā€™ve placed an order on Jul 28, 2021, delivery to ON, Canada. Itā€™s supposed to be part of the Batch2. I hope I will get notification soon.
IMHO, they should send DIY orders earlier than assembled, because they donā€™t need to spend time assembling laptops and testing them. But only G-d knows the reality.
I hope this is not a typical Kickstarter fraud. Otherwise I will personally call LTT. :slight_smile: Here in Canada we trust LTT and his reputation a lot. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@KOSTYANTYN_RUKHLIS theyā€™ve already shipped the first batch properly so I can assure you itā€™s not your typical kickstarter fraud.

4 Likes

@Banana Yes, I trust them, thatā€™s why Iā€™m still calm. Just impatient to build my custom laptop by myself. :slight_smile:
P.S. Unfortunately, KickStarter sucks, there is so much fraud there and fake projects. And KickStarter has no means to protect customers, even when all backers report a fraud ā€“ they simply ignore all the reports. :rage:

1 Like

Got a Samsung 980 Pro 1TB on the desk and getting some ram this weekend. Trying to will my laptop into existence by getting the DIY parts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heyyyy!!! My email for being charge thw remaining balance and shipping just came in!!! A couple days until charged and then I assumed a couple days until delivery info. Iā€™m batch 2 btw :wink: ordered may 23rd

Edit: THEY ARE NOW CHARGING THE CARD! SHIPPING IN 1-2 DAYS!!!:partying_face::partying_face:

9 Likes

Mine also just kicked in @Robert_Terpin. I made my pre-order back in May 19, 2021 (Batch 2).

2 Likes

Me too! /aol

Ordered back in May

Anyone know delivery speed these get sent out on?

2 Likes

Just got my email saying they are going fo charge me the remaining balance within the next two business days and then ship out shortly after! I ordered the DIY 1185G7 on July 27th (I didnā€™t want to wait for the 1165) so it looks like Iā€™m in a similar situation as others!

With any luck, itā€™ll ship next week! I bought a Dell XPS 13 9310 from Costco at the end of June with a similar configuration as the Framebook (1185G7, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 4K screen) for about the same price (the Dell was slightly cheaper thanks to a $200 Costco discount but the MSRP of $2000 was similar to my DIY config with the SN850 and a bunch of expansion cards and without the Windows license since I can get that for way under MSRP through work) and Iā€™m really excited to compare the two side-by-side. I have until the end of September to return the Dell to Costco, which I think Iā€™ll do unless the Framework severely misses my expectations based on the other reviews out there, but Iā€™m excited to put the two side-by-side since the specs (screen aside, which will be better on the Dell) are so similar.

Kudos to @nrp and the team for keeping communication so crisp! I decided do add a 1TB expansion card to my order so I can mess around with Linux without having to mess with partition stuff, and the team was so responsive and nice. I know how small the team is but seeing their commitment in this forum and other places online is really refreshing.

2 Likes

happydance Just got my e-mail that my card will be charged for my DIY I5 in a couple of days!

1 Like

Patience, all of you. Really GOOD things are coming to those who wait.

DIY i7 made in early June for batch 2. got the email and have a pending charge for my remaining amount on my cc. hopefully the shipping email comes once thatā€™s approved!