August/Batch2 Delivery thread

@retromat yeah, my biggest concern is FedEx. They Screw it up almost every order I am forced to get via them. I hope in the future we can have shipping service options. UPS and even USPS is more reliable.

Just got the notice today about going to charge my Card.

Fingers crossed that it gets shipped soon, besides FedEx issues I have a ferry going out of service on Sept 11th for 3 weeks. The fun of living on an island.

2 Likes

Really nervous that the laptops are shipping out via Fedex tbhā€¦they lose literally 1/4 of my packages to who knows where (ā€˜deliveredā€™ but nowhere to be found). I recently had to change carriers with HelloFresh for my groceries because multiple boxes just get sent to the wrong place and never make it home .-.

Previously lost an eBay order as well, and thatā€™s when I found out that if Iā€™m not the shipper of an item, I canā€™t file a claim.

/rant

2 Likes

Did anyone order July 28th and get there email

1 Like

@DannyT I ordered on June 10th (the first day Canada orders opened).

1 Like

For folks in Batch 2 who are waiting for the first email, we have been able to match shipments and inventory for most of them and will be sending the emails shortly.

Unfortunately, there are some Batch 2 DIY Edition i7-1165G7 orders where the inventory matches are going to end up shipping out in the first or second week of September. Weā€™re expediting the international freight and are also going to upgrade the Fedex shipping to 2nd Day for free to speed up delivery. Weā€™re sorting the orders now and will send email to folks who will see a delay shortly.

24 Likes

@nrp Does shortly mean today or tomorrow

Of COURSE I had to order the Batch 2 DIY Edition i7-1165GYā€¦ hahahaha

2 Likes

Same lol I ordered the DIY Edition i7-1165G7 batch 2

1 Like

Thank you for the information on this. Is there a way to track this for individual orders?

I ordered a DIY i7-1165G7 model on July 28th and have not yet received any emails regarding shipping, so I am a bit worried. My issue is that I am moving abroad at the end of September, so knowing whether or not my laptop will arrive by mid September is crucial to me. Otherwise I will have to cancel my order or figure out how to change delivery to a different continent.

2 Likes

Remember he said ā€œsomeā€, not allā€¦

Patience is a Vā€¦ Nah, itā€™s a bear.

4 Likes

@nrp - Awesome update, thank you so much for that and the transparency. It all makes sense! I will point out that I greatly appreciate the fact that:

This is an excellent way of setting expectations that can be followed through and translated into a consistent customer experience. I applaud Framework for having a well-thought-out plan during a very problematic time.

Iā€™m happy (and a little green with envy :wink: ) that Batch 2 folks are starting to receive their orders, itā€™s very exciting to read. I have to say my anticipation is only building!

5 Likes

:disappointed:

Yay! Just the transparency is great, but this customer service is top notch. Eagerly awaiting my notification email!

5 Likes

PLEASE PLEASE check your spam emails.

@ayhcheung , congratulations!!!
Just wondering if you had to pay any FedEx brokerage fees or import taxes, etc?
P.S. Iā€™m still waiting for the first notification, (Iā€™ve placed an order on Jul 28, 2021, delivery to ON, Canada as well).

1 Like

@nrp
Thanks for the honest updates!
I just hope my Canadian 1165G7-based DIY edition is not a victim of the inventory issues. :blush:

@nrp 20+ yrs in IT, Iā€™ve never experienced such transparency. It truly is refreshing and appreciated. Kudoā€™s to the team, the logistics have to be insane right now. As a reference, on our corporate orders we are seeing 4month lead times due to chip and display shortages.

Again, thanks to the team and canā€™t wait to get mine inā€¦

10 Likes

i5 DIY, Order June 10th, Canada. Got my preparing to ship email today.

Just got my tracking email today, saying itā€™s expected to arrive on 9/1.

Just to update, I got my preparing to ship e-mail (well, preparing to charge me at least), several hours after I initially posted, today 8/25.

1 Like

Just got the email, Iā€™m one of the lucky winners who is delayed until September.

All good on my end, I just get a few more weeks of anticipation!

3 Likes