Availability on German Market

I’ill be using Shipito personally: https://www.shipito.com/

The calculator is giving me between $52 and $74 for a delivery in France :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve had horrible experiences with Amazon shipping to HK but I’m a glutton for punishment. I just ordered me a $2k monster (64GB RAM :-)) sending via MyUS, though may cancel if initial reviews of Linux installs or over-heating are too negative!

I’m an ex IT supporter in the Netherlands myself and hyping this laptop to all of my old colleagues. Definitely a lot of enthusiasm! (but also requests for a rj45 module). I havent found a bad review yet so I’m very impressed. Cant wait for this to become available in europe so we don’t have to pay all the import tax and high shipping. I don’t even need a laptop at the moment and yet I really would love to buy this just because I love the concept and because I hate that other laptops have become nearly impossible to upgrade or service myself.

so for the framework team. “Hey, Europe is ready and waiting! hurry up :)”

2 Likes

I’m a freelance IT consultant from Denmark, and I’m adding myself to the increasingly long line of people from Europe, who are itching to buy a Framework laptop.

Though I would personally love to see a Framework laptop with an AMD APU and/or an RJ45 module, it’s not a deal breaker at all. I’m completely sold on the modularity and the right-to-repair approach of Frameworks laptops. It’s a brilliant concept, and it needs to succeed.

5 Likes

I would also love to see the Framework come to Germany soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Greetings from Finland! I will give my support for German/European market! I usually buy my tech from Germany.

2 Likes

@L_Ge Agreed shipping anything to and even some south American countries is very complicated. When I used to sell used product on ebay I lost so much money having to give refunds for items that got stopped in customs and or the customer would have to pay taxes which somehow I ended up being responsible for. I would recommend avoiding the European market for now and just focus on getting a couple more Sku’s. Seems like most people in Europe have collogues in the states that can ship items.

I’m just also going to throw my 2 cents in here to voice my strong support for getting this available in Germany. I’m very eager to throw money at you for one of the laptops, just not as eager to throw three figures of shipping cost at another company.

Until then I’ll be busy spreading the word, this concept certainly deserves it.

3 Likes

I hope the launch in Germany happens soon cuz of taxes and if i could buy a new laptop i could just write it off and have a super nice laptop instead of nothing or a bad one.

So i hope you get things done fast i am so hyped.

4 Likes

Another ping from Finland.
Really hoping we could get this amazement in EU.
German delivery option should work without too much hassle.

I could even live without FI keyboard layout with öä -letters - with just the current US layout.

3 Likes

And another request from Germany, we are really interested in this wonderful thing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes and another IT professional waiting impatiently to order.
Will I get the laptop this year?

Hopefully, EU and UK is end of year.

4 Likes

I am running 4th gen i5. Frame.work goddamn, start shipping to EU.

3 Likes

I am looking for a new device, and I would be so happy to order it in Germany before Christmas to set it up during the holidays.

1 Like

I would also love to be able to buy one for christmas in germany

3 Likes

I would like to add one more count for people interested in German market.

Also one question: Do you plan a global warranty support? Like, if I buy it earlier in US and take with me to Germany, and some time later you expand to EU market as planned, would the warranty be valid?

3 Likes

If they are not selling in the EU there is no warranty until they sell in the EU.

Would be nice to switch from my MacBook Pro to this bad boy :joy: also from Germany btw

5 Likes

Could we have an update please @nrp? Do you still think you guys can make it for the end of 2021? :slight_smile: - Or will it be more close to early 2022?

7 Likes