Batch 1 - Intel 12th - Guild

Did you get more than one email notification that asks you to provide current/accurate payment method details?

No, but that one email says that everyone got the first email together at the same time, then there’ll be another 3 steps after that. So basically 4 steps, 3 poll options :slight_smile:
It’s all good, just clarifying!

Apologies, I meant to add the image in my first response:

3 Likes

I see. Thanks for screenshot clarification.

I essentially see it as:
They ask for payment method details confirmation (could be multiple times if incorrect after first payment transaction attempt), then you complete payment transaction, then they ship.

To me, those are more of a definite points in time / states.

Plus, to you, the customer, do you care about the difference between batch preparation vs order preparation? I would think you care about if they’re charging you yet (2nd option in the poll).

But I also see your point, it’s sent to everyone…which kinds of make option 1 useless in the poll.

Let me see if I can change the options mid-flight.

Update: Can’t seem to be able to change / clear / restart the poll.

1 Like

All good, still a useful poll! I think them actually charging us will be the most useful point :slight_smile:

Looks like someone moved forward and already completed the payment. That’s a good sign.

1 Like

Got my 2TB SK Hynix P31 SSD and 32GB of Crucial DDR4-3200!

Hoping to see it charged for a i7-1280P later this week. Have a 2TB Samsung 980 Pro waiting for it here. Didn’t get some RAM yet. Probably should get on that.

Speaking of Intel’s ARC reference for thei7-1280P says that it can do DDR5. Is the motherboard capable of doing that?

For the Framework Laptop, it’s DDR4 only, at the moment.

1 Like

Unfortunately my financial circumstances have changed so I had to pull out of batch 1…

Hopefully I can make batch 2 happen

1 Like

There’s still room for the 1260p batch 2. Better jump on that before it fills up.

Yeah, I’m just hoping the stars align and my finances don’t change in the meantime again and nothing else comes up

Finally got an SSD for the DIY i7-1280P aswell. Managed to snag an SN850 2TB for 180€ at Prime Day.

Now I’m just waiting for Framework to charge my credit card and send me the 14 Core monster of an ultrabook.

1 Like

Yep, I’m also excitedly waiting for a follow-up e-mail… I feel that in the next two days they will send something. Crossing my fingers.

1 Like

Curious where you saw this and/or if you have a link to it?

Someone had previously checked the second option in the poll, but then cleared it.

1 Like

It’s been 8 days since that first email went out…has anyone been charged for the rest of the balance yet?

Nope. The fact that the company pushes out so little information does put me off a bit.
Let’s hope that the laptop will magically appears on my doorstep next week.

Think it’s OK if it’s anything like last year. We had an order status page. Do you get that this year?

The only thing I’ve received at this point is the email about step 2. This is the first time I order a framework laptop.
Actually I don’t really expect an ETA. I’m just curious to know how they are doing with the batch 1.

To an extent it really frustrates of not having any updates and at times its pushing to see other providers are coming up with matching configurations with really good offers…