Batch 1 - Intel 12th - Guild

Yup, I too just got the Step 3 - preparing to ship mail for my DIY i7-1260P to EU.

I just received my preparing to ship email for my DIY I5-1240P that I ordered on the 19th of May. I had support modify my order (twice) on the 18th and 19th of June which resulted in a weird looking order on my profile, but I don’t think this affected when the notification arrived. Shipping to the Netherlands.

There’s one person who received tracking details? (looking at the poll…)

1 Like

Got a “preparing for shipping” mail, DIY i7-1260P, Netherlands

1 Like

It seems to be the case. I know that I wasn’t the first to pre-order the i7-1260P (preordered on the 21st may), and thus received my step 3 email around 3 hours ago.

2 Likes

Just received the “preparing to ship” email for my DIY i5-1240P a few hours ago! :tada: I placed my preorder on the 19th at 19:52 UTC, which seems to be much earlier than some others who received their third emails… perhaps they’re getting through the first week’s worth of orders pretty quickly? :blush:

4 Likes

Also received the shipping notification for my i7-1280P DIY to Germany, yesterday at 16:42 UTC.

I placed my order on May 19th at 20:14 UTC in case anyone is wondering.

1 Like

I still haven’t even gotten the “Received Payment Details Confirmation Notification”. Just the preparing to ship your batch. :sob:

I’m USA 1280p and I ordered a scant few hours after the sudden email of 12th gen. (May 19, 2022, 16:10 ET, so a bit less than 8 hours.) I’d really think I’d be further along by now.

I really wonder if I got knocked back to the end of the batch considering how I had them modify my order to remove RAM from it. Or how I much more recently had them add more modules.

Sounds likely to me

That was the fear that stopped me from modifying my order. I’ll just order the remaining expansion cards together with the RJ45 module.

For what it matters, I have the same thing happening as @ConfuSomu used to, where it says Preorder Confirmed on the overall orders page, but Preorder Placed on the specific order page itself.

Unfortunately, unlike @ConfuSomu, it hasn’t yet given me further steps. With luck I’ll follow in their steps, getting the next notification two days after complaining.

i7-1260P here w/ 1TB SN850 and 16GB of 3200MHz RAM - was really hoping to get some further communication past the “preparing to ship batch” email, but I’m on the same boat. Really excited to get my laptop eventually, though.

I don’t think that’s the case, as I had them modify my order twice - once to upgrade from 16 to 32 GB of ram and remove the MicroSD card reader and once because they forgot to remove the 16 GB kit the first time around. I asked and they confirmed that this would not affect the batch my order was in, and I received my “Received Payment Details Confirmation Notification” this Friday. I also ordered a few hours after 12th gen was announced, and the modifications were done on the 18th and 19th of June.

Got a email on Saturday saying my laptop was already shipped. I didn’t know they are directly shipping from Taiwan.

2 Likes

My order is placed on May 22nd. Still no news about it. I only have a DIY 1260P, 3xUSB C and 3xUSB A, without RAM or SSD.
Seems like until this point, only orders placed on May 19th and 20th are shipped. Let’s see if today they make any progress.

1 Like

Yes there is a map Somewhere here where thay show their worksflow betwen factory and shipmentn in Taïwan…saying its kinda ecological because less transportation.

I am in 2nd batch and ordered the 24 th may ( on purpose, wanted to be even on 3rd…so more people test it and little révision eventually)

Looks like my laptop has shipped. Tracking says “Taiwan to United States · Transit in 1 day”

4 Likes

Same. Mine just shipped as well straight from Taiwan. Might see it by Friday if I’m lucky. Going by FedEx.

4 Likes

Today marks the second business day since my “preparing to ship” email, and no payment capture yet :frowning: Has anyone else who got their step 3 email on Friday received confirmation of a processed payment?

1 Like

Not yet, but they’re hardly late yet, just into the second business day (and if it goes to 3 I’m not going to worry). Your laptop is coming very soon!

1 Like