Batch 1 - Intel 12th - Guild

Shipping notification just arrived for me, as well! The payment processing took just a touch longer than expected, but this part was unbelievably fast, so I’m happy :blush: Now all that’s left is to wait!

1 Like

Got my shipped/tracking email too!

1 Like

Finally received my tracking number following payment capture today! Super excited to receive my Framework laptop Aug 4th.

2 Likes

I haven’t received any follow-up email about payment, and we’re currently on the fourth workday since Friday, when the “preparing to ship” email was sent. It starts to be annoying…
Hopefully they’ll ship my laptop before the end of the month.

Just received the ‘payment completed’ email for my DIY 1280P in the US!

3 Likes

Payment just went through! Got my “preparing to ship” last friday at 16:41 UTC, for my DIY 1260P in the NL

3 Likes

Payment just went through for me aswell.

4 Likes

Yep, I also got the payment notification, at 13:45 ET! That’s awesome news!

1 Like

Had a more complicated payment process since SEPA debit was dicontinued (as far as I understand due to too many cases of scam)… and I don’t have any credit card. After some confusion and asking for clarification from support, paying with (newly supported payment method) GiroPay now worked smoothly: the process wend through instantaneously, and the procedure happened exactly as described in the latest roundmail for clarification that support sent to all affected people.

• received an email “Action Required: unable to process your order #ORDER-NUMBER”, around 17:48 UTC, i.e. about the time the previous four commenters would’ve received their “Payment complete! / Your order is shipping soon” mail
  • about 20 minutes later, I used the button to “Complete Payment” in that mail I’ve received and entered the payment details (GiroPay is a form of instantaneous one-time payment via online bank transfer)
  • instantaneously received the “Payment complete! / Your order is shipping soon” mail after that, around 18:11 UTC. I.e. about 20 minutes ago as of this writing. (And for some reason, I got that same mail a second time 5 minutes later.)

Context: i7-1280P DIY order, Germany, ordered on May 23, 00:11 UTC, and “preparing to ship” came last Friday, Jul 22, 16:42 UTC.

Update: It’s the next day now (July 29), and I just got the tracking number (15:17 UTC). Says arriving on Aug 3.

1 Like

Annnnnddddd, I have my laptop. Said it was going to be here Monday, wasn’t expecting it until tomorrow after how quickly it shipped but made it here a day quicker anyway! Now to put it together!

7 Likes

Pictures or it didn’t happen :wink:

5 Likes

Can someone take a video of a lid / cover flex test on the new CNC lid?

There’s the left / right corners backward and forward flex.
Then, there’s the Framework logo depression / dip / dish flex.

Fair point sir. Pics. It did happen. Screen is gorgeous.

8 Likes

Looks incredible, have you tried fractional scaling yet? 200% looks a bit large to me.

2 Likes

Yeah, that was one of the first things that I tried. I agree that 200% is a bit much as well as I lose a lot of screen real-estate, but 100% was to small and 150 works, but there feels to my eyes at least to be some judder. Might get better as the Intel drivers for this eGPU improve.

[EDIT] Speaking of the screen, I’m not a fan of how jarring the screen brightness changes happen. It’s very noticeable and happens a lot. I would like to turn off the ambient light sensor for this reason.

Also gotta figure out how to get the finger print scanner working in the power button to login / (gk)sudo.

1 Like

@Mark_Tomlin you can just disable the automatic brightness in the gnome settings under power. Or running gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power ambient-enabled false in the terminal will do the same.

The fingerprint sensor should just work with fprintd but if you’ve set it up on windows already it’s easiest if you remove it inside Windows again. For using it with sudo I think you have to edit the pam settings.

Also thanks a lot for the photo! I was really wondering how it looks with scaling. Could you perhaps take a photo at 100% but with increased font scaling (can change it in gnome-tweaks)?

1 Like

@Mark_Tomlin How is the top cover? Is it solid? The 11gen version can be easily flexed.

Been closely following my shipment, I’m in the Netherlands and it’s in France now! Supposed to be arriving on Wednesday so I’m hoping that it might actually be here earlier than that.

Any EU orders actually out for delivery or delivered yet?

Mine’s just hit CDG Paris France… tho I am tempering my excitement as the tracking page says “SPECIAL HANDLING SECTION Deliver Weekday” which would push it to Monday.

Jealous of everyone in Europe whose laptops seem to be moving. Mine is still “in transit” in Taiwan despite shipping Tuesday night (headed to the US).