Batch 1 - Intel 12th - Guild

Mine’s currently on “Label created”, due to be delivered next Wednesday

Got an email 8 hours ago that confirms that my laptop is shipping! As of now, the shipment label has been created. According to the aftership link that’s given, it will arrive the third August. I’m so excited!

For those that haven’t gotten any emails yet, don’t give up hope! I assume that they have more laptops to prepare as more people know about Framework, some waited for the 12th generation to launch before ordering a laptop, and they maybe haven’t scaled up as much in terms of people for preparing orders. Possibly the number of units prepared per batch was increased? But I’m just speculating…

2 Likes

My package and I’m guessing @Dj_Walker-Morgan also, is being shipped by FedEx. I have the same “Special Handling Section” value of “Deliver Weekday”, so probably Monday at the earliest.

My current status is International shipment release - Import at CDG.

Pretty solid I think. Not as good as a Macbook Pro, but nothing is.

Thanks! Done and so far so good!

So I do install some other things from another thread, and according to it my finger prints don’t match. So I’m going to have to try your way.

This is at 150%. It’s not so bad once you get used to it. Screen tearing doesn’t matter that much to me when I’m sitting writing text most of the time with it anyway.

2 Likes

Got it delivered today. The delivery guy was so kind.
I opened it, get the SSD from my PC with Fedora pre-installed, plug in, work like a charm!

For my friends from future, here is my timeline:

• 22 May: Pre-order placed with DIY i7-1260P, 2xUSB-C, 1xHDMI, 1xUSB-A and 1TB SSD
  • Between 20 Juin and 14 July: Because of many deals on amazon, I contacted support for removing SSD and charger from my pre-order. I also changed expansion card option to 3xUSB-C, 3xUSB-A
  • 12 July: Email notification for step 2
  • 26 July: Step 3
  • 27 July: Payment completed
  • 28 July: Order shipped (from Taiwan to France)
  • 30 July: On my table
7 Likes

If I may ask what’s the charger you are using if not frameworks!?

I’m using the Anker Nano II 65W. It features 2 USB-C ports and 1 USB-A port, so I can charge my phone + the laptop at the same time.

1 Like

Received a ‘your order has shipped’ email for my 1280P DIY in the US a few hours ago! I’m assuming it’ll be here sometime early this week - I’m very excited! :smile:

2 Likes

looks awesome, what sort of battery life are you guys getting?

I got 5 hrs, but that was without tweaks.
I’m thinking about lowering the PL1/PL2 and disable P cores on battery. Will have a report on my test soon.

1 Like

thank you so much!

I seem to have a delivery exception. Shipping to the US. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

Edit: FedEx didn’t have an explanation, but it made it through to the next step after 3 days with the same operational issue status!

@kxp Mine has had a “Delay beyond our control” in China but it seems to be progressing nicely otherwise. Perhaps that’s the exception Aftership is talking about?

2 Likes

Maybe something to do with customs?

The shipment method is batches to destination country then split back up so I’d say you’ll be fine, they’lln figure it out…

FedEx on track to deliver today, 2 days earlier than their initial prediction (shipped last thursday). Can’t wait…

Edit:
And… it arrived.

6 Likes

Mine just arrived in France, just gotta make it to the Netherlands. Here’s to hoping I get mine sooner than the predicted Thursday - I’m cautiously optimistic

1 Like

And mine arrived today, two days ahead of the Fedex estimated date (which did unlike other despatchers, change to reflect early arrival) and so my Framework adventure begins.

4 Likes

Mine shipped Tuesday, in Anchorage on Friday, but still just says in transit from Anchorage, estimated this Friday. Hopefully they beat that handily but it’s not coming today.

I was expecting mine today as it’s in the Netherlands and not far from Amsterdam (Oude Meer depot) but I see on my status that it “arrived after courier dispatch” today (despite being in Oude Meer since the 30th), so maybe it will be here tomorrow.