Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild

Another here. Charged, shipping soon (supposedly :wink: )

1 Like

Ordered May 21st, i5 1240p, DIY everything - just got charged let’s goo

Update ( 7 hours later) - an hour after I posted here and concurrently contacted support, I got my Stage 4 “CC charged” email and a response shortly thereafter. Mysteeeerious. But also, sweet!

1 Like

Update:

My 1240p barebones DIY step 4 email came earlier today. Expecting shipping notice early next week, the wait is unbearable haha!

Step 4 reached \o/

I’m crossing my fingers, my toes, my daughter’s and my cat’s for it to be sent this month :smiley:

Hooray, I am 1088€ poorer! Step 4 completed!

DIY 1240P w/o SSD

Got shipping notice a week after payment. Was told they authorized some sort of overtime to send out the backlog over the weekend. Hopefully gets here fast!

June 5 order. 1240 w/ four expansion cards and nothing else.

1 Like

Mine got shipped on Friday but missed FedEx cutoff time so gets departed only Monday!

Hmm, still wondering why there are so many reports of 1280P’s and 1240P’s compared to the number of 1260P’s. Are 1260P’s less popular? Is there (relative) underreporting by people who ordered 1260P’s? Or is it that production of the 1260P models will happen last?

I’m getting a bit anxious how long the extended wait will be. Not really liking it.

2 Likes

So I utlimately decided to cancel my order. I had preordered the DIY i7-1280P and have yet to receive any further updates via email or any concrete information on the status of my order from support. I still very much believe in Framework’s brand and will own one of their products in the future. However, I had relativetly immeadiate need for a laptop and I can order a Dell XPS 15 with equal or better specs and have it arrive within a week or two. Best of luck to those still waiting. It seems to be the i7’s that have the greatest trouble getting shipped out.

2 Likes

I may be in a similar boat soon. My current laptop is on its last legs and has virtually no battery life.

Issues happen but the communications here has been terrible from Framework. I was fully charged on the 19th with a “shipping soon, next few business days” email and that’s the last update I was sent. I had to look at the forums and reddit to find out there were delays.

2 Likes

I’m also noticing the lack of posts about 1260 - at least posts about having them shipped or received. Is there anyone here who ordered a 1260 that has received their order?

My order - received the step 2 email and then the apologies for not being able to ship in August - email.

Order Date: June 6
Order: DIY 1260p, 2x32 GIG RAM, no SSD.

2 Likes

To me it is pretty obvious that they prioritize i5 1240p shipments, either by choice or maybe lack of components (despite "… All necessary materials are on hand at the factory …"according to their own statement).

1 Like

My diy 1260p is in shipping to Canada. Should be here early September. Thought I’d mention it since so many seem to be concerned.

2 Likes

Ordered an i7 1260p on August 1st. Payment is made, I’m now waiting for the tracking number.
Sooner would be better as I need it for work, but good things come to those who wait, and it’ll be in my hands eventually. And in the meantime I’m learning a lot about how to best care for my future laptop, repair the previous one, etc.
I don’t think there’s a way to know the proportion of orders VS people who bring themselves to talk publicly about their orders/laptop, sadly(*). But experience sharing helps, thanks to those who keep this thread (and the discord) alive.

Hope this helps!

(*) EDIT: This reddit user put it perfectly: there are huge biases in the reporting of issues with FW laptops.

1 Like

August 1st and you already made the full payment? Damn I still didn’t hear anything and I thought it is because I ordered late on the June 26th… Is it the DIY version?

My order:
i7 1260p DIY
1x USB-C, 1x USB-A, 1x HDMI, 1x Micro SD
No SSD, no RAM, no OS
To Germany
Ordered June 26
Status: Pre-order confirmed (got batch 2 and delay mail so far)

Time to continue training my patience :pray:

1 Like

Nope, pre-made version. This may have helped, somehow.

1 Like

This whole situation is a bit like the Futurama meme, except slightly half reversed.

They’ve shut-up, but haven’t taken my money

:frowning:

Ah well, as mentioned by others, good things come to those who wait, I’m lucky to have alternative options available to me and thus count my blessings accordingly.

Godspeed to your orders, fellow End Users!

Best Regards,
Varg

2 Likes

Hang in there everyone, my order only just shipped! (ordered May 21st)

1 Like

Also got a shipping email this morning. Hang in there all!

1 Like