Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild

And mine too this morning (ordered June 21). Expected Friday according to tracking!

1 Like

@Anthony_Baynham @Firestorm980 @Vince_Hodges i5?

I was surprised to see the shipping confirmation with tracking number this morning. I told myself it would be the end of the week after the CC charge last Friday. Nice surprise!

Yeah 1240p DIY, Bring Your Own RAM, BYO SSD, BYO OS, British English keyboard, UK power brick

@prepaidpyramid Yes, 1240p DIY (2x16Gb, 1Tb SN750, 2xUSB-A, 2xUSB-c, 1xHDMI, 1xDP, the charger)

I also got my shipping notification this morning, but no ETA yet.
1240p DIY - no RAM/SSD/OS, with 5 USB extension cards and US power brick.
Ordered June 14

Oh, I really wish my i7-1280P

@prepaidpyramid yep. i5, diy, 32gb ram, no ssd, charger, 6 expansion cards.

Hi all - just an update -
Order date 3rd July - DIY i5 1240P.
23rd August - Stage 3 email saying my order was being prepared
26th August - Stage 4 email saying they have taken payment. That was Friday and so nothing since - I’m hoping my shipping email will come tonight. Fingers crossed for everyone who is waiting.

Please see my timeline as a reference. DIY i5 1240p w/ ssd + ram + expansion cards + Charger.

5/23/22: Order Placed
8/05/22: Step 2 email received (after support ticket)
8/18/22: Step 3 email received (preparing order)
8/19/22: Step 4 email received (payment processed)
8/24/22: Step 5 email received (order shipped)
8/29/22: Package delivered.

keep in mind, this is a pre-ordered product and with all the political and health issues of today, they are very close to being on-time. I was fully expecting a 2 month delay to orders and so far, Framework has done very well.

3 Likes

I have birthday on 17.09 i hope i will get it on exactly that day. :partying_face:
DIY i7 1260 + 6 Cards + no Ram + no ssd…

Actually i expect it later. :disappointed:
I just ordered to late for that to happen.

So framework you could make me happy. :wink:

3 Likes

My laptop’s supposed to be delivered tomorrow!

I’ve already moved off to college so my dad will be driving it here on Thursday. I can’t wait!

If I suffer through an extra day with the current laptop I’ve got (ie Friday) then I’ll have all weekend to experiment and get the laptop set up… That’s the route I think I’ll go.

2 Likes

Personal update:

• for the record, the order overview on my account is still stuck in “Pre-Order confirmed”, even tho I received the Step 4 email a few days ago.
  • I got no Step 5 email, even tho I just got a SMS from FedEx stating that I will be delivered the 5th sept.

Then I would advise not to lose hope, it seems that the internal information are not up-to-date at all at Framework (which is really surprising for me, and I worked in logistics industry at IT dept)

2 Likes

Very nice that you write this, because with me it is the same situation: no Step 5 mail but a FedEx SMS. I haven’t clicked on it yet because I wasn’t sure if it was phishing or similar. But if you also got one, I just try it :wink:

My status did not change from pre-order confirmed until it shipped.

So maybe they pulled a FedEx ticket but didn’t physically ship it yet?

Finally getting mine today after Fedex somehow “missing” me at home yesterday at the first delivery attempt.

Ordered May 27th. Got the “preparing to ship” email on Aug 18. The “shipping soon” on Aug 19, and actual shipped on Aug 24th. So the lead time was about 3 months. The thing is shipped from Taiwan and went through Anchorage AK before getting dispatched to NY where I am.

I got the 1240p diy version. Best bang for the buck. Honestly I was tempted to just get a replacement macbook pro this whole waiting time, but could not stomach the apple premium for ram and ssd upgrades, and also tired of their closed ecosystem. My total cost for the framework with after market 2tb and 64gb is a bit less than $1300, vs say 3x that at apple.

Gonna put linux on the framework. Knock on wood that the trackpad is gonna feel usable. Been too spoiled with the mac trackpads.

2 Likes

I don’t think, I’m in France, there is no way they can deliver it for next monday if it’s not in FedEx hands already (or they are very fast, we’re not used to FedEx in France)

Aaaaand I just got the shipping confirmation email from Framework :slight_smile:

Then it was just a small delay between both notifications.

2 Likes

Me too :slight_smile: Turns out Framework is just slower than FedEx. Hopefully the laptop itself is faster :smiley:
They have handed the laptop over to FedEx today and FedEx claims it will be delivered on Monday. Really fast, if they keep up to their promise. I am super-excited to put Linux on it and replace my 13 years old Lenovo. I liked it very much but it is literally falling apart now…

1 Like