Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild

Like I said, it is my personal view., I personally feel they can do better updating the progress - as August shipment month approached the order processing upto so and so dates are in progress., the next set of dates will be started when as such so that there is clarity to plan around from recipient side - not everyone home whole month and hey it is summer!

Yes it s quite personal. Also I believe they are doing theire best. This wall preorder process is to avoid blocking cash ressource for a startup like framework in the industrial business that s a very good idea. Avoiding having stocks and cash immobilised.
I think the situation will improve every year / month. The V2 of the product needs a lot of attention aswell, they have the challenge of correcting the paper cuts of the V1 and tdo it at scale with industrial process and QA.
That s quite a challenge, now it is to expect that the 3 first batch can be a little late…

“Doing better” is not expected , since what do you do if you have 1 000 motherboards that doesn t pass Quality tests… you are late 1 week…that s it. That s expected from new electronics…you don t want framework to do like “XBOX 360 red ring of death” :wink:

4 Likes

@Mimsy How did you find out? Did you get a notification from framework that your payment was declined?

Yep. Got a 3am notification on my phone (but I get those regularly from attempts at fraud, it’s an online bank, I don’t look at them), and this morning I saw an e-mail “Action Required: We are unable to process your order.”
I tried to make the payment immediately to avoid delays, I see my card is declined, I contacted the bank, they fixed it within 5-7mn. Fixed, paid, my order is shipping soon.

2 Likes

Framework would send an e-mail indicating the declined payment. The Financial Institution would also use available contact methods to try to verify a transaction.
Phone, Text Messaging, e-mail are possibles.

Financial Institutions have Fraud Analysis AI’s that look for unusual activity and flag that as suspect. These actions can cause a transaction to be denied.

If you are expecting an unusual transaction, you can contact the bank and be put on an exception list.

1 Like

I think if framework displayed the steps and their progress on the order page, like they show in the email, it could help alleviate a lot of questions.

6 Likes

While I understand there is some confusion on the status of some orders (Including mine, I didn’t receive the preparing batch email until 8/5 after contacting support). We should all remember that this is a startup company and this is a pre-order. They do not have the same infrastructure and resources as Amazon.

Also, Framework never made any promises or indication that orders would ship based on order date. As long as all of batch 2 ships by 8/31/22 Framework has met the shipping timeline promised when the pre-order was placed.

That being said. It would be nice if the email concerns, and customs issues could be identified in the customer support FAQ. If only to prevent additional un-needed support requests.

6 Likes

Order with fedex now.

3 Likes

I ordered i5 DIY edition on May 25, 2022
However just received the email on Aug 2 “We’re preparing your batch!” and no updates afterwards :frowning:

Understand that Framework team is just a small team in resources comparing with Amazon or Dell, Lenovo etc… Just very excited to see the new Laptop :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I do understand framework is a small team, and I am excited to help them grow. I just wish there was an easier way to see a granular status for the order without having to bug support. Obviously timelines are unknown, but I am sure general timelines for each step going forward would also help to reduce that support load.

4 Likes

Still eagerly waiting on my payment processed email. Hopefully the next day or so there is some movement

Me too, and I’m a little worried that the email bug is affecting future status updates for me.

I only recieved the “Preparing your batch” email after writing support about it on 8/4 (only did it, because it was suggested by a FW employee on reddit).
Just got my “Preparing your order” email yesterday, so it seems to be making progress.
Still no idea in which order they process the orders…

1 Like

I’ve decided to race Framework against Steam

Which will come first? My Framework Laptop or the chance to fully buy my SteamDeck?

Not that this is bad in any way, they just both have similar timeframes for around the end of the month :slight_smile:

Helps fill the waiting void.

Best Regards,
Varg

1 Like

Just got the shipping notification!

Order date: July 7th 2022
Model: DIY i7-1260P
Estimated Shipping Time: 7 days

4 Likes

I’m currently also patiently waiting for the laptop.
Ordered a i5 DIY without Ram / SSD.

Ordered: 22th May
Preparing Batch: 1st August
Preparing to ship: 10th August

3 Likes

7th of June would not make me wonder or question anything at all, but hearing “July” makes me scratch my head a bit.

Edit:
My order details:
Order date: June 12th 2022
Model: DIY i7-1260P

5 Likes

i7 1260p diy ordered on June 17th, I got the step two email but no tracking or preparing payment email yet. I thought they were going in order until I read the reply July for an order date. Weird. Hope it arrives before my classes in Sept, I’m getting to anxious from excitement.

Edit: location USA so might be why ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Yeah, not sure what determines the order of delivery per batch, but I doubt it’s driven by individual purchase date.

Production runs and qtys of parts are planned fairly far in advance. Assembly could be organized by location, by configuration or by parts on hand. Maybe they are waiting on US type power adaptors or German keyboards?

There are also different shipping methods - maybe they’re container shipping to the US (takes about a month) and air shipping smaller orders globally.

:person_shrugging: Only Framework knows.

2 Likes

Got my laptop in the mail! May 21st order date. It’s pretty sharp looking and I’m working on setting all the power options to maximize battery life.

7 Likes