Batch 2 - Intel 12th - Guild

Yes sir :triumph:

1 Like

Same here. I placed my order for DIY 12Gen I5 1240P no RAM no SSD no OS on May 29, so far all I got was “We’re preparing your batch” email on August 1. :face_exhaling:

2 Likes

I am from the Netherlands and ordered an batch 2 DIY edition with i7-1260p.

The “We’re preparing your batch!” email landed in my mailbox on 01-08.
I will respond to my own message with updates.

1 Like

My batch 2 laptop looks like it was shipped. FedEx sent me a tracking number then said it was delayed “for operational reasons”. Hopefully it’s just customs paperwork and will be resolved soon.

3 Likes

Not sure of the logic followed by framework team coz early day members haven’t received any update about shipping but later dates received it…is it going by preconfigured as first or DIY or i7 goes first …puzzled about the pattern of shipping order!

2 Likes

Hi, are you in Europe or the US? I am in the US and only got the first email, far before the last shipping step.

1 Like

@Jacob_Ma I am in the US. It’s delayed at the FedEx location in Taiwan so it could be related to global events. Some people are predicting potential supply chain issues.

Edit: FedEx has it back on the move with the original delivery date of this Friday, August 12th. Hoping to share good news soon!

2 Likes

(DIY laptop as seen in first post of mine) for those that might use these type of details. ill update by replying to me if I have new updates.

Location of me: Netherlands
Ordered: Tue 6/7/2022 22:37
Preparing batch email: Mon 8/1/2022 19:36

My location: US
Type: build yourself, i1280
Ordered: 05/28
Preparing batch: 08/01
Preparing to ship: 08/03
Shipping soon: 08/04
Shipped: 08/04
Tracking shows that it’s at local Fedex at Taiwan, excited!

1 Like

My order is shipping soon. Payment processed.

1 Like

Just received the notification that the order I placed on May 24th has shipped!

That being said, FedEx seems to have operational delays, but still on track to get it August 12th (?)

2 Likes

I am excited (and a bit jealous) that some batch 2 laptops are already shipping. I have received my preparing batch email, but no others. I was curious if there is anywhere I can see the progress of the order outside that email.

8 Likes

I am in France on an intel 1240P
Just received this :smiley:

I am in the starting blocks! I am running latest tested kernel 5.18.15-051815-generic
on Ubuntu 22.04 on a 1TB samsung 980 …will just swap it in the framework laptop.

2 Likes

I really hoped that the missing stage 2 emails were only a bug in their system and wouldnt influence the shipping…
It kind of bugs me, that people, who ordered the after me seem to be getting their devices first…
Ordered on May 22th, i5 DIY, USB-C, USB-A and HDMI modules, so nothing too crazy…

Still happy for you and to see the i5 batch 2 have started shipping =)

3 Likes

Payment made today, slight hiccup with my (EU-based) bank filtering transfers to the US. Had a quick scare on the payment page that my order would be pushed to Batch 3 (!) but I got the “your order is being processed” e-mail + the order page still says Batch 2.
Future customers, be aware of this when purchasing from the EU - check with your bank, call support, etc.

@Simon_F

What kind of bug?

I ordered the 8th of June.

Some people didnt get their “Preparing your batch” email at the beginning of the month.

2 Likes

Hello batch 2,
Could you tell us if any of the major problems related to 2021 model are still there ? (similar to pole in batch 1)
1 - RTC battery failure
2 - Wifi bad signal
3 - Modules power drain

Select problems you have with 12th gen laptop (If any!). Do not vote if not tested :

• RTC battery failure, not powering on
  • Wifi 2.4GHz speed
  • USB C and module & laptop power drain

0 voters

It’s personal view., It’s little bit becoming annoying situation as there is no openess in orders status or progress or ETA . Definitely gives me a second thought for making orders with Frame.work in future for new products announcement

3 Likes

How many emails do you want? They already give an eta “August shipment”, and then they tell you in each email after the preparing batch one which is generic what to expect after that since it’s order specific. I understand you really want it, I was the same way last month, but they do a pretty good job of this! Also batch 2 seems easy earlier on the month than batch 1 so you’re ahead of the game :slight_smile:

4 Likes