Batch 5: November Recipients Unite!

kind of off topic, but i had a dream my laptop got here last night. in all honesty im partaily happy it was a dream, because the dream version of the laptop was crap. felt very flimsy. im not sure how i ended up reveiwing a laptop that only exists in my head, but thats nice.

2 Likes

@Erick_Flores Kind of. I did get an email saying, “Your Order is Shipping Soon! (Order number)”, which says, “We’ve successfully charged the remaining balance of ____ to your payment method.” So, I did get notified, not before they charged it, but right after. Now, the day before I did get the “We’re Preparing to ship” email which said they would charge me within “the next few business days,” so I guess that counts?

@Aaron_Zylstra So the email that’s supposed to let you know they are preparing before charging was sent after they had already charged you? Well that’s good to know lol thank you

@Erick_Flores I received the “We’re preparing to ship your order… we’ll charge the remaining balance within the next few business days” email on Friday 19th November, and the card was charged on 21st November with the “Your order is shipping soon. We’ve successfully charged the remaining balance…” email a few minutes after that.

@Anand_Gadiyar Yes! that’s what I was meaning to say. Thanks for finding some better words to do it! :slight_smile:

Ordered October 14th and still nothing. Anyone else in the same boat?

2 Likes

@Brennan_Sapp , yes, I ordered Oct 15 and have not yet received any email other than the “batch shipping” broadcast email on Nov 1.

1 Like

October 14. “Batch” email only.

1 Like

@Nommy @Mustafa @Cory how about you?

According to FedEx, the laptop just got delivered! I’m still at work, but I’m excited to get home to finally see it. Just 3 more hours to go.

I got an email on the 19th for preparing to ship but no charge or tracking yet.

Same

Just got my shipping information. I was charged the 18th and I bet they wait till payment actually clears. Supposed to be delivered Friday.

1 Like

Update for mine. After my previous post I got a email saying my cc will be charged in the next few days, and it was today. So hopefully in the next few days I will be receiving my laptop.

Oct. 23 PLaced order
Nov. 1. Got the first email that said they are preparing my batch
Nov. 19. Preparing to ship my order and letting me know my cc will be charged soon.
Nov. 22 CC charged and my laptop is being shipped!

I can’t wait to get it and set it up.

Mine arrived on Sunday.

After much faffing about, I’ve settled on Fedora 35 with Plasma + Wayland.

It’s the only combination that performed well, looked smooth, and worked entirely out of the box.

Side note, I am shocked at how performant the Iris Xe is. It actually games shockingly well, even through Proton.

Hope you get yours ASAP! Best of luck :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Ordered: 11/6
DIY I7-11185g7, BYO ram & ssd. no changes after initial order.
preparing to ship email: 11/16
shipped: 11/18
received: 11/22

typing on it rn. it’s a beautiful machine. the hinges could be a tad bit stronger, it doesn’t move unless you make quick forceful movements, or bounce your legs with it sitting on them.

2 Likes

Just got my shipping email! Must be working late.

2021-10-20: ordered
2021-11-01: batch notification email
2021-11-16: preparing my order email
2021-11-18: charge and charge email
2021-11-22: shipped email

Order was:

DIY, i7-1165G7, AX210 non-pro, 500 GB SN850, 2x8GB ram, power adapter, 2 USB-A, 2 USB-C, 1 HDMI

Some part of this must have held me back.

Oof. I have a 1TB SSD and 64GB of ram (2x32GB). It could be the SSD and/or RAM holding me back. But i did order 3xUSB-C and 1xUSB-A expansion cards, so probably having a more of a fully loaded up system would hold back more than those that had more BYOs

1 Like

2021-10-24: Ordered
2021-11-1: Batch notification email
2021-11-20: Preparing to ship your order
2021-11-23: Remaining balance charged
future tbd

Order:
DIY, i5, AX210 non-pro, 1TB SN750, 2x8GB

DIY i5 ordered on Oct. 25.

Yesterday (Nov. 22) I got the email saying my card was successfully charged and my order will ship in the next few business days.

With the holiday coming up this week I’m hoping it will ship by early next week (Mon. or Tue.)

1 Like