Batch 5: November Recipients Unite!

Got it! It’s mine! Confirmed diy i7 recipient. I’m going to see what I can do with this thing!

1 Like

Mine arrived on Monday, Dec 6th! Yay!
I’m really enjoying it for far. Performs quite well.

1 Like

Aayyyyyyyy, got mine on the 26th.

I just received the remaining parts for my Framework laptop.
Installed everything, installed Ubuntu 21.10 and I am now pleased to report I am typing this on the laptop.

Full marks to Chris and his team in Customer Support. They apologized and then had the parts shipped the next day. I also got an explanation as to how the mix up occurred.

Prompt and professional.
I love the laptop.

4 Likes

One of the things I like most about this laptop is how ordinary it is. There’s just nothing weird about it. There’s nothing strange that gets in the way. Keyboard is good. Touchpad is fine. Display is nice. Battery life is so-so, but has been acceptable so far. Sound volume and quality are fine. Looks are good, it’s very attractive. It’s light. It works. I’ve got Ubuntu 21.10 on it, and it just kind of does the stuff I want it to do.

It could have been weird, risky, ugly, or unpleasant. But it’s not. It is just fine. And it’s nice to know I can pop it open and throw some memory or a bigger drive in it when I need to.

It’s replacing a Lenovo. I’ve been a Lenovo fan for a long time, but this Framework has been less troublesome so far than my most recent Lenovo purchase.

5 Likes

Finally received mine… after 7 weeks of waiting. I had to use a freight forwarding company, and FedEx gave me some troubles, so it took some time. I am loving it so far, planned on using windows 10 but had some issues because it apparently needed a license key just to install now, and it wanted a driver bundle I had no idea how to get onto a flash drive.

2 Likes