Batch 5: November Recipients Unite!

i5 ordered Sept 30, just got “preparing to ship your order”:

Never been so excited to see an email at 5 am!

1 Like

Looks like the very early Batch 5 i5s are starting to ship. I ordered an i5 DIY on Sept 28th (barely missed Batch 4! I know :frowning: ) and I got the “Preparing to Ship” today

My config: i5 DIY, 2x16GB DDR4 (originally did 1x32GB but Framework support made it quick and easy to change my mind- thanks guys!), 2 USB-A, 2 USB-C, 1 HDMI, regular non-vPro Wifi

For anyone who cares: BYO SSD (2TB Hynix P31 Gold), BYO power adapter, grey market Win10 Pro OEM but will probably dual boot some flavor of Linux alongside it.

Can’t wait!!!

1 Like

i7-1165G7 DIY with 16GB RAM. Received the shipping-ready email today.

I also ordered in late September, and received my “Preparing to Ship” email for my i5 Framework last night. Can’t wait!

I5 DIY ordered sept 23. Shipped Nov 9. Too bad its gonna take fedex a week to deliver to the west coast.

Aggregated dates post:

2021-09-29 - Order placed
2021-10-28 - Asked to add a microsd expansion card
2021-10-28 - Order amended confirmation email
2021-11-01 - Preparing to ship your batch email
2021-11-02 - Preparing to ship your order email
2021-11-05 - Card charged email
2021-11-08 - Shipped email
2021-11-10 - Scheduled delivery (initial)

1 Like

i checked with my dad and my order was placed on the 27th of oct. got the first email on nov 1st i think. still no second email

1 Like

My Framework has left New Jersey!

2 Likes

Call your bank y’all. They will put a note on your file that you do expect that transaction and let it through when the system triggers.

Card has been charged, preparing to ship e-mail has been received. Good day.

3 Likes

Another Batch-Fiver here. I placed my order for a DIY Framework on November 6th.

Intel Core i7-1165G7
Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro
1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe
32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200
Power Adapter - US/Canada
USB-A Expansion Card x 3
USB-C Expansion Card x 1
HDMI Expansion Card x 1

I’d love to have this thing by Thanksgiving, but I’ll be happy enough to get it by the end of the year. Ideally, it’ll run Linux Mint (same as my desktop machine), but I may switch to Ubuntu if I have too much trouble with Mint.

It’s replacing a Thinkpad X140e that’s slowly being strangled to death by Windows updates. I’m hoping that will be the last Windows machine I ever own (though I still have to put up with it on my work laptop).

3 Likes

i7-1165G7 16GB RAM DIY
Ordered at Oct 1
Order shipped!

1 Like

I hadn’t heard anything else from Framework, but I got this notification from FedEx just now. :thinking:

2 Likes

Card was charged last night. Hoping to have the machine this weekend, maybe?

1 Like

I got my batch 5(DIY) in last night! I’m running into an issue though where keyboard isn’t working. I’ve followed the keyboard-not-working guide but no luck. I reached out to support, so hopefully I can get some more ways of triaging/replacing the keyboard.

Everything else is solid though! Was able to install Windows using an external keyboard. My plan is to dual boot with Ubuntu in the afternoon.

1 Like

Mine has shipped, and is due for delivery tomorrow. Very exciting!

2 Likes

I find myself opening my inbox and hitting ‘F5’ far more often than I care to admit.

Still waiting for any news beyond the first email.

The good news is another component I ordered elsewhere was delayed and won’t be arriving until next week, so my lack of laptop right now doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

Just ordered mine (i5, 16GB, 1TB SSD, 1TB expansion) today along with a Razer Core X eGPU enclosure, hoping it arrives in November!

I’ve been eyeing Framework since before batch 1 and wanting a laptop for software development work, but couldn’t really justify it until earlier this week when my desktop (still running Ivy Bridge lmao) finally started showing signs of mortality. It randomly clicked off during use and when I tried to turn it back on it’d sit there for 10 seconds and shut back off. It booted up a day later when I tried again, but it’s provided close to a decade of hard service and I think it’s earned itself a good retirement.

Happy to join the gang!

2 Likes

I just ordered the i5 option late last night after my laptop fried itself, and it looks like I was just in time because i5 orders are now in batch 6! I guess this means mine won’t get here till late November at the earliest :sweat_smile: Good thing I have a desktop too.

1 Like

Just got my card charged email! Hoping to see tracking info within a day or two. Can’t wait to have a new laptop for the first time in 8 years!

1 Like