Batch 5: November Recipients Unite!

When and what did you order? It seems some i7s are shipping very quickly while i5s are still in early October/late September.

Mine is out for delivery and my local FedEx is usually great!!! I might have a new toy to play with when I get back from the doctor’s office!!!

5 Likes

I got an i5, so it’s lining up with everyone else who’s been waiting for a bit, as I placed my order October 7.

1 Like

My computer was delivered today! Buuuut I’m working a double a work today. Of course it comes in on the one day I work all day. So
I’ll be up late tonight setting the computer. I downloaded Ubuntu last night and booted it from my MacBook Pro. I was really impressed with the OS and GUI.

2 Likes

My i5 should be here tomorrow according to tracking. Can’t wait!

3 Likes

My I7 is supposed to arrive tomorrow (Nov 12) before 8:00 PM. I think I know how my weekend will be spent. :grinning:

2 Likes

Mine is also out for delivery!!! Very excited!

3 Likes

I wonder how big the batch is and how much of it they’ve shipped so far.

3 Likes

@Peter_Conrad 100% thinking the same here. I imagine it’s pretty large, as it took well into November for the i5’s to run out, but very curious as to the distribution of orders and when mine might ship. Newest I’ve seen so far is Oct 7 (for an i5), so at that pace, it looks like people who ordered in Early-Mid October will be getting their orders tomorrow and through next week. Then I’m guessing those of us in the 20’s will need to wait until after Thanksgiving, and very late Oct + November orders might bleed into December.

Edit: Someone on r/framework who has an i5 DIY order from Oct 13th just got shipped! Orders might be farther ahead than we think

5 Likes

Received my i7-1165G7 unit today! Have Windows 10 installed on a Samsung PM9A1(NVME gen 4). I’ll install ubuntu later on a spare Samsung PM981A(NVME gen 3).

2 Likes

I also received mine today! Installing fedora on it now, as Garuda wouldn’t boot

1 Like

Anyone else ordered a DIY with an i7, got the november 1st confirmation email that said it was shipping soon, then crickets? Impatient and excited over here! My current laptop is on it’s last legs.

Very eager :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yes same here @Quinn_Dougherty

1 Like

The one I received today was a diy i7

Great to hear!big order mine 3 weeks after yours so if all goes well I should get it by early December.

I placed my i5 October 5th and it initally said it would arrive next week monday but now it changed to tomorrow! I am so excited.

Received mine yesterday, installed windows 10 on internal nvme and today installed fedora 35 on sdcard - updating fedora now.

1 Like

I tried to modify my order and add 1TB expansion card but my order got cancelled instead. Is there anyway to fix it?
I placed my order on Oct 15 so I waited almost a month and now this!
@FrameworkSupport

I placed my order Nov 1. It will replace a 5 year old MSI laptop that has a broken hinge.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 (Currently running i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz)
Memory: 32GB (1 x 32GB) DDR4-3200
WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®
Storage: 1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™
OS: BYO (I’ll be installing Windows 11 Pro as I use Hyper-V)

Expansion Cards
1 MicroSD
1 USB-A
1 USB-C
1 HDM

I’ll miss the second SSD that I have in the MSI, but will buy the 1Tb storage later.
The battery life on the Framework is far superior than the 1 hour on my MSI.

[quote=“Robert_Kocourek, post:183, topic:8224, full:true”].
The battery life on the Framework is far superior than the 1 hour on my MSI.
[/quote]

The battery life on the Framework is far superior to the 1 hour on my… less than a year old Lenovo X1 Extreme. >fume<