Batch 8 Guild

I would be interested in the distribution of people in different states. Please answer only if you are in batch 8:

At what stage is your order?
  • Stage 1
  • Stage 2
  • Stage 3
  • Stage 4
  • Stage 5

0 voters

Edit: I would like to ask everyone not to change their vote if they receive an email. This poll is meant to create a snapshot of the current distribution and we can have a new poll in the future in order to gauge the difference.
Edit: Thanks everyone for participating. I will create another next week to see how the batch is progressing. :blue_heart:

5 Likes

UK DIY i5 here, but haven’t receive stage 4 email yet

2 Likes

Just realised I never detailed the configuration I went with, even though it’s supposed to be the whole point of this topic…

Mine is core i5, with bring you own ssd & ram (wd SN850 1To & 32GB crucial memory), along with the following extension cards :

• 2x USB-A
  • 2x USB-C
  • 1x HDMI
  • 1x 250Gb SSD

I will keep you guys posted on how smooth the whole delivery process goes.
Cheers !

1 Like

I received the “Your order has shipped” (Stage 5) email this morning :smiley:

( i7-1165G7 to Germany)

Unfortunately, the tracking link does not work yet and I am not sure which carrier they are using.

7 Likes

I’ve only seen DPD/chronopost yet.

DIY or prebuilt?

UK - DIY - i7 1165G7
BYO Storage & Memory (2TB SSD & 32GB RAM)

• 2x HDMI
  • 1x MicroSD
  • 2x USB-A
  • 4x USB-C

Last email was stage 2 but everyone seems to be saying they got no notice that the money was being taken and I had it sitting in a seperate account so I knew not to spend it - hopefully they didn’t try to take it and it failed.

A very quick google search says air freight delivery from Taipei to UK is 8-14 days door-to-doorr.

Really hoping it isn’t sent by sea.

Prebuilt

Expansion cards:

• 2x USB-C
  • 2x USB-A
  • 1x HDMI
  • 1x DP
1 Like

@Ashton_Watts someone on reddit mentioned that their tracking link says that it will take about 5 days for the package to arrive (germany). Maybe Framework got us express shipping, would be nice.

3 Likes

Looking at what DPD will offer me from the UK to Taiwan, it’s either 3-5 working days express or 5-7 working days not, but both obviously by air. I certainly hope it’s not going to be longer than that!

That said I did have a Canada > UK shipment that was on a 7-14 day service take 28 days not long ago :scream: Took a week to get out of Canada, then spent 4 days on holiday in LAX :joy:

I guess what it does confirm is that they are not shipping via a European distributor, which is a shame but predictable. Doesn’t instil much confidence that Marketplace will be coming along to Europe any time soon though, because running that out of Taiwan isn’t going to make a lot of sense :frowning:

3 Likes

UK, i5, DIY, just got stage 4 e-mail, mine also skipped stages 2 & 3.

1 Like

I suspect they’re trying to crash shipments to try and keep within schedule after the Lunar New Year celebrations - there’s a chance they have set up regional distribution and are simply bypassing that for this run?

Also, to further support the crashing shipment theory: UK progression lagged about 3 days behind France & Germany for the Stage 2 e-mails, but are pretty hot on the heels for Stage 4. I suspect Stage 5 will also happen pretty quickly for us! :smile:

Annnddd just a day later my order is at stage 5 now. NOICE

5 Likes

I wonder if it’s germany i7 taking a while in general or just me specifically. Ever since the Stage 2 mail on the 10th of Feb pretty much nothing happened.

Just got a stage 4. At first it failed to take the money, and I had to confirm with the bank that it was a genuine payment. Then go through the payment method to actually pay the money.

It’s an i5, DIY, UK order. With various plug in cards.

:grinning:

UK - DIY - i7 1165G7

Just got my stage 4 email with money taken this morning.

I’m assuming they won’t ship over the weekend so fingers crossed for Monday.

3 Likes

No, I’m there too. Hope the next stages are coming soon.

i5 DIY ordered on 16th december also waiting for shipment :frowning:

Also waiting for the next step.
Ordered an i5 DIY on 21st December for Germany.

Also still on Stage 2
Ordererd the i5 DIY on December 19th in Germany

It seems my Amex took a battering while I was asleep and I was also sent straight to Stage 4.

Seems our thinking that it was going to be by country wasn’t quite right. They must be doing it according to similar orders like the previous batches.

I ordered an i7-1165, with 8 expansion cards, a power adapter and bring your own RAM and SSD.

Perhaps they are waiting on stock for RAM and/or SSD modules :thinking: or just dealing with people who ordered a crazy number of expansion cards first :joy:

3 Likes