Batch 8 Guild

I’m in a similar position! Here’s hoping…

Have the people who received the email last week (Germany and France) received the “preparing your order” email yet?

I think we’re quite likely to get a running commentary from the people in each region as they reach each stage :+1:

6 Likes

exactly, you would have seen me capslocking in excitement here

1 Like

negative. I have ordered a i5 DIY on 16.12. to Germany. While I got the first email on Thursday, I haven’t received the second one yet.

1 Like

THE END OF MY TORTURE IS NIGH, I JUST GOT THE ‘preparing shipping’ MAIL

8 Likes

I actually don’t know what to feel right now. Is this real? Will I even be able to rejoice when I hold it in my hands at last, knowing that the exciting time of waiting will never come back? Was it even about the laptop after all, or about the pleasant acquaintances I made along the way? I guess I’ll find out soon…

edit: Yes, i’m a drama queen sometimes, i am aware. Rewatching the hobbit while typing this probably didn’t help either

9 Likes

2 hours ago I got the mail that the rest of the money was withdrawn and it will be shipped in the next working days :slight_smile: It says within 1-3 working days it will now go to their “storage” to be shipped.

It seems to me they skipped step 3. Fine with me :rofl:

Germany, i5 DIY

10 Likes

it’s almost time :star_struck:

3 Likes

Awesome! When did you order? What does the tracking say? Where’s the package now? EU or Taiwan?

1 Like

@georggruenewald (when) did you get the stage 4 mail? What config? I never envied someone for something so meaningless, but maybe mine still gets shipped today as well

1 Like

Fantastic to see batch 8 machines making their first tentative steps out into the wild!

I’d also be interested to see what courier is being used and whether we can see where it’s shipping from?

(selfishly, I’d really like mine to arrive next week when I’ll definitely be working from home because they’re closing the train line to the office!)

1 Like

@Simon_Nienhaus I ordered on December 16th. The tracking does not seem to work yet. Guess it is still on the way from the warehouse to the shipping facility.

2 Likes

@Jason_Hottelet I received the stage 4 Mail yesterday around 9 p.m., I ordered the pre-built mid tier config.

1 Like

Stage 4 mail received, for UK DIY.
Just like others reported, stage 3 was skipped.

2 Likes

Same for me here, order is shipping today. It seems packages are leaving from Taipei, by DPD/Chronopost carrier services (for France, at least).

6 Likes

UK, DIY i5. Also received my Stage 4, also completely skipped Stages 2 and 3! Note that I was charged my remaining balance without warning, so I’d recommend making sure your money’s in your account pronto.

I don’t like mornings, but that wasn’t the worst thing to wake up to :joy:

4 Likes

Also UK i7 DIY, havent received any emails since stage 2 email :neutral_face:

both of them are DIY i5, so no need to worry, the i7 orders will probably follow soon.

1 Like

A little late to the game but here’s my DIY edition specs shipping to Germany:

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7
  • Memory: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200
  • Storage: 1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™

Customization

• Keyboard: British English

Expansion Cards

• 2 USB-C
  • 1 HDMI
  • 1 DP
  • 2 USB-A

A guess it’s a little bit awkward for a native German to order with British layout but it’s so much better for programming…

Sadly I didn’t receive a later than stage 2 mail yet but I guess I’ll get it soon. I am SO HYPED. I love framework and it’s finally a worthy replacement for my more then 10 year old laptop.

5 Likes

Yup got my stage 4 email this morning too! :flight_departure::rocket: