Batch 9 Guild

@artfulrobot - this is more or less the only status page we got.

From what I’ve seen from the other guilds, it is always sent in the second half of the month.

1 Like

Generally seems to start in the middle of the month, Batch 8 has slipped over into March a little because of public holidays in Taiwan. We haven’t managed to find any pattern at all in the order in which orders were fulfilled in Batch 8 - it doesn’t appear to be quite as organised into sub-batches as American batches were.

4 Likes

ok @andyk2 thanks, good to know what I’m in for!

2 Likes

Woohoo, pre ordering from The Netherlands is now available. Seems I am the first one ordering from The Netherlands, but currently I am living in Bali. So I hope it will be delivered before my parents will fly end of March😊

Mostly the same config as @Daniel_Dolezal

DIY edition

• i7-1185G7
  • 32GB Ram (2x 16)
  • 1TB - SN850

Expansion cards

• 2 USB-C
  • 1 HDMI
  • 1 USB-A

After 10 years being in love with Google Chromebooks I am curious if we can make a decentralized / distributed web 3.0. For me it’s primarily not about earning cryptocurrency, but sharing the abundance of computing power when I don’t need it myself. I hope to see a future where tools such as Wikipedia can work this way. So I am happy to see a more open source ecosystem with framework.

Can’t wait to have it in my hands and joining the framework experience journey together with this community.

3 Likes

I ordered the i5:

• no RAM
  • no SSD
  • 2 USB-C cards
  • 2 USB-A cards
  • DisplayPort
  • HDMI
  • microSD Slot

Ordered on 18th of January, i really hope it will arrive this month but reading how it went with Batch 8 this may not happen :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

DIY i5 order from the Netherlands here

The order itself is pretty barebones:

• No RAM (adding my own 2x16 kit)
  • No SSD (looking at 2TB, even the WD blacks are a lot cheaper to just get here)

For the expansion cards:

• 1 USB-C
  • 2 USB-A
  • HDMI
  • MicroSD

Also looking to make a DIY magnetic charging expansion card following some of the forum posts here (Full Power Magnetic Charging Card).

Really excited to get my hands on such a beautiful product from a company with an amazing concept!

I ordered the DIY version to the UK as a work Laptop.

I went for a barebones config as well:

• i5-1135G7
  • Adding my own RAM (2x8GB 3200MHz)
  • Adding my own SSD (1TB Samsung 980)

Both RAM and SSD worked out a little cheaper from Amazon

Expansion Cards:

• 1x Display Port
  • 1x MicroSD
  • 1x USB-A
  • 1x USB-C
  • 2x HDMI

Finally, the time has come!
My Order:
I7-1165G7
16GB (2 x 8GB)
Bought 3rd party: WD_Black SN850 1TB: WDS100T1X0E
HDMI Expansion Card
USB-C Expansion Card
USB-A Expansion Card (x2)

Ordered - DIY Version - UK, 13th Feb

i7-1165G7
WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe
64GB (2 x 32GB)

1 USB-A Expansion Card
3 USB-C Expansion Card
HDMI Expansion Card

1 Like

Just got my " We’re preparing to ship Batch 9! Please review your info." email :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I ordered a DIY
i5
16GB(2x8GB)
500GB
Both of which… I have since found cheaper elsewhere, wonder if I can change it to bring my own.

2x type c,
2x type a,
1x hdmi,
1 sd card.

Hi from France, I ordered the DIY version with

• i5
  • x1 8GB DDR4
  • x3 USB-C Expansion
  • x1 USB-A Expansion

I’m adding :

• NVMe SSD 500GB Crucial P2
  • Win 10 pro (i’ll convert it to Win 11) maybe dual boot with some linux distros
  • Power supply Belkin GaN 68W (more expensive than Framework’s one but had amazon gift card to use)

Can’t wait to receive it !

just got the email saying they are preparing batch 9

1 Like

So we received the batch preparation email on the 7th of March, while for the last batch it was on the 10th of February. A little bit earlier, but we don’t have East Asian New Year in the beginning of March anyways. Without being overly optimistic, I would say everything is on the good track.

Pre-ordered an i7-1165G7 DIY Edition with German keyboard, will bring my own RAM (2x32GB Crucial) and SSD (2TB WD 850). I have a 13" 2013 MBP Retina which is still my daily driver. I am dual booting Mac OS Big Sur and Windows 10 Pro (Bootcamp) for now, in the future I want to ditch the dual boot and have one OS on each laptop, maybe also boot a Linux distro from the 1TB expansion card.

Got the preparation email yesterday too ( 7th March )
Pre-ordered the 19th January
France

Got the email for Stage 3.
i5 to Germany
Do you know the parcel service framework is using in Germany?

2 Likes

it should be DHL that is what i read into the Batch 8

1 Like

Yeah I think there have been a few and the only consistent negative has been about bounce on the hinges.

Order on the 9th or March.

• i71165g7
  • 1TB WD black sn850 NVMe
  • 2x32Gb Ram
  • English Keyboard
    Expansion Cards
  • 4 USB-C
  • 1 Storage - 1TB
    Planning to use in dual boot Linux + Windows

*Can’t Wait for this wonderful device to be shipped. *
Any clue when this will happen?
(Netherlands)