Batch 9 Guild

No need to apologise having community spirit and offering guidance is what this community is here for. I just wanted to add the note so no one is mistaken into thinking the framework laptops will have limited support for common devices.

2 Likes

I just missed out on batch 9 with the i5. Has anyone come across being upgraded from to an earlier batch? My partner is going to come visit me in Aus and would love for it to be there for her to bring

Did everybody receive the batch preparation email? I ordered mine on 22 February to Austria and I haven’t received any emails beyond my order confirmation

1 Like

i don’t get it too .
Order mine on the 22 February to Austria too

I got a shipping notification with tracking number yesterday.
Order 14th of January

4 Likes

The clarification that @derjanb gave is important though because the Framework does not support SATA M.2 drives, only PCIe ones, so depending on which specific Samsung drive you have it may or may not work- you didn’t actually say which one you have.

I received the batch preparation email a few days ago. Order 15th of February, Germany
Edit:
Oh, just looked up my mails and i also got the shipping preperation 2 days ago. Cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ordered on the 4th february for France, didn’t receive step 3 or 4 email, only the one saying they’ll send soon another mail 2 days before charging.

1 Like

Same I also ordered in February for France but I did not receive any email other than that of the preparation of the batch

Same from France - ordered 22th february, always on step 2.

Stage 3 email arrive this morning UK batch 9 very exciting.

1 Like

Stage 3, France, pre-ordered the 19th January, 1st stage mail received the 7th March

Hi All,
Shipping to: UK
CPU: i5 (seems like this is the main spec point that affects delivery times?)
DIY Edition
Mines has shipped, currently in Taipai waiting for export, my dates:

Ordered on: 4th Jan
Preparing batch email: 7th Mar
Final payment taken and confirmed: 10th Mar
Laptop shipped: 10th Mar

My hub-ez status so far:
2022-03-11 21:09:42: Taipei, Processed for Export
2022-03-11 19:04:29: Taipei, Shipment Bagged Linex Ti-Ding Ave
2022-03-11 15:24:19: Taipei, Depot Scan Taipei
2022-03-10 19:45:48: Taipei, Order Printed
2022-03-10 19:45:44: Taipei, Order Created

Reckon I might have been batch 8 if I ordered an i7(since read here some people seem up
-speced to get the earlier batch, but this is progressing nicely so no harm :slight_smile:

Can’t wait to receive the DIY
i5
2x USB-C
1x USB-A
1x HDMI

will add
16 GB Ram
500gb Storage Samsung 980 Pro

1 Like

Hi all,

I ordered my batch 9 on the 15th of January and just got the stage 3 email (yay!).
My main issue: The laptop needs to make it to the UK before the 28th, since I’ll be going to the US for a month on that day…

Originally I assumed that there would be ample time, but after reading some of the timelines here I now start to worry… How realistic do you think it’ll be to receive the laptop before the 28th?

2 Likes

My order:

• CPU: i7-1165G7

• Storage: 500GB SN850

• Memory: 16GB (2 x 8GB)

Expansion Cards:

• 2 USB-C

• 2 USB-A

• 1 MicroSD

• 1 HDMI

Ordered 22 Feb, still haven’t heard anything except for pre-order confirmation. Can’t wait! :grinning:

If I were you I’d get in touch with support pretty sharpish to ask if they have an estimated delivery date.

If they don’t have any encouraging news, maybe they can change the shipping address to wherever you’re staying in the States (assuming that’s an option from your side)?

Hope it all works out :crossed_fingers: I know I’d hate to spend a whole month abroad knowing that it was sitting waiting for me at home.

2 Likes

My laptop was shipped today.

From Posts in the Batch 9 Guild I think it will arrive by next week.

3 Likes

Ordered my I5 DIY Edition on 5th Jan, and received my Preparing To Ship on the 7th Mar and Shipped on the 11th.

Now I have a script spamming the order tracking site every few minutes (don’t want to spam it so much that it blocks my IP mind)… still currently on “Processing For Export”. I can’t wait!

Planning to install Arch Linux on it when I get it, although tempted to also try *BSD, albeit initially in a VM.

Thanks, that actually was good idea! I did and just now heard back from them. They also seem to be on the “maybe, but maybe not…” side of the fence.

This really broke my heart but I just canceled my preorder… no one around to accept the package or pick it up from a depot would mean it gets send back to them after two weeks, which would be a huge waste of money. Shipping to US isn’t really an option because of import duties either. Man this really ruined my night… :sob:
Gotta find something to do with the already arrived SSD now as well before I leave.