Batch 9 Guild

it should be DHL that is what i read into the Batch 8

1 Like

Yeah I think there have been a few and the only consistent negative has been about bounce on the hinges.

Order on the 9th or March.

• i71165g7
  • 1TB WD black sn850 NVMe
  • 2x32Gb Ram
  • English Keyboard
    Expansion Cards
  • 4 USB-C
  • 1 Storage - 1TB
    Planning to use in dual boot Linux + Windows

*Can’t Wait for this wonderful device to be shipped. *
Any clue when this will happen?
(Netherlands)

I emailed framework about this a while ago and this was the response I got:
(my order is shipping to the uk)

Hi Rambo,

Thank you for your inquiry and we are more than happy to assist you.

We aren’t currently able to provide order-specific ship date estimates narrower than the month the Batch ships in due to a number of factors. We’re definitely working to improve the end-to-end process from order to shipment, and when things are less fluid, we’ll be able to provide more precise shipping dates in the future. Our current process is:

1. We send an email to everyone in the Batch at the beginning of the month noting that the Batch is in preparation.
  2. A few days before we collect balance of payment on each order, we send an email noting that we’re preparing the order.
  3. We send an email at the time we capture the balance, which is when the order goes to our warehouse for fulfillment.
  4. Finally, we send a shipping email with the tracking number when the order leaves the warehouse.

​Thank you for your inquiry and please, have a great day!
    Regards,
    Framework Support

On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 9:56 AM <support@frame.work> wrote:

Hi rambo,

Thanks for reaching out. A member of the Framework Support team will be with you as soon as possible. Responses outside of weekdays and working hours in the US may be delayed. If there are any photos, videos, or screenshots that would help us resolve the issue, please reply with them attached.

In the meantime, check out the Knowledge Base​, Framework Community​, and our step-by-step guides​ for information. We’ve also searched the Knowledge Base for articles that may be helpful:

We’re sorry, but we couldn’t find any relevant Knowledge Base articles.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 9:56 AM <rsahota666@gmail.com> wrote:

general-product-or-ordering-question - Hello awesome people!
Order number: R398099489
Is there any chance I can get some more info in shipping dates for batch 9 other than it being somewhere in march?

Many thanks

2 Likes

My config
CPU: Intel® i7 1165g7
1 USB-A
2 USB-C
1 HDMI
1 Storage – 1TB

Personally fitting
Gskill 16gb
Samsung pro 1TB m2

Seems like SATA M.2 drives won’t work → https://community.frame.work/t/supported-storage/5870/3

1 Like

Its m2 nvme theres no logical reason it wouldnt work on intel architecture.

1 Like

I see. My fault. Sorry.

2 Likes

No need to apologise having community spirit and offering guidance is what this community is here for. I just wanted to add the note so no one is mistaken into thinking the framework laptops will have limited support for common devices.

2 Likes

I just missed out on batch 9 with the i5. Has anyone come across being upgraded from to an earlier batch? My partner is going to come visit me in Aus and would love for it to be there for her to bring

Did everybody receive the batch preparation email? I ordered mine on 22 February to Austria and I haven’t received any emails beyond my order confirmation

1 Like

i don’t get it too .
Order mine on the 22 February to Austria too

I got a shipping notification with tracking number yesterday.
Order 14th of January

4 Likes

The clarification that @derjanb gave is important though because the Framework does not support SATA M.2 drives, only PCIe ones, so depending on which specific Samsung drive you have it may or may not work- you didn’t actually say which one you have.

I received the batch preparation email a few days ago. Order 15th of February, Germany
Edit:
Oh, just looked up my mails and i also got the shipping preperation 2 days ago. Cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ordered on the 4th february for France, didn’t receive step 3 or 4 email, only the one saying they’ll send soon another mail 2 days before charging.

1 Like

Same I also ordered in February for France but I did not receive any email other than that of the preparation of the batch

Same from France - ordered 22th february, always on step 2.

Stage 3 email arrive this morning UK batch 9 very exciting.

1 Like

Stage 3, France, pre-ordered the 19th January, 1st stage mail received the 7th March