Batch 9 Guild

Stage 4 today, the 15th March - Waiting now the expedition in 2~3 days.
Stage 3 the 14th March
Stage 1 the 7th Marc
pre-ordered the 19th January (DIY i5 / France)

Stage 2 - 7th March
Stage 3 - 11th March
Stage 4 - 14th March
Stage 5 - 15th March (today)
pre-ordered 15th February (DIY i5 / Germany)

hmm could receive the Framework Laptop probably by the end of the month

1 Like

@azoo that’s very upsetting :frowning: I guess them holding back the shipment a couple of weeks wasn’t an option either? I’m really sorry it worked out this way…

New pre-order for batch 10?

1 Like

Here is a better tracking link:
http://tracking.linexsolutions.com/

According to Hub.ez my two laptops are still in Processed for Export in Taipei, according to the link above they are already in Singapore (shipped 14/03, in Singapore on 15/03).

Totally excited :slight_smile:

1 Like

It seem the orders are not processes in the same order as they came in.

I ordered my i7 framework on the 12th Feb from Germany. But so far my laptop is stuck at " Pre-Order Placed".

Here’s my config:

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7

Customization

• Keyboard: English International

Expansion Cards

• 1 HDMI
  • 1 MicroSD
  • 2 USB-A
  • 2 USB-C

Regards,

Robert

I think the batches are sub-divided according to the mainboard you choose. Last time I checked, new orders for i5 were already going to batch 10, whereas the i7’s were still being included in batch 9. From what I’ve read here in the forum, it seems like i5 configs are shipping earlier than i7’s ordered on the same day.

2 Likes

That’s a real shame. Unfortunately not much Framework can really do about it though :frowning:

That said, it’s only a month :slight_smile: I suppose you have two options…either order one in the US whilst you’re out there, where they’re shipping within a week or two (although how easy it’ll be to get support I don’t know), or pre-order for when you’ll be more available back home.

It’s a bit more complicated than that. The batch system works on the number of each different processor Framework has allocated, but when it comes to fulfilment the orders are batched differently according to the specifics of the order - for example, orders without a power supply get batched because they need different packaging. I think that there’s also a split between up to six expansion cards and more than six, because the standard box only has room for six.

The orders get batched up into similar sub-batches which are fulfilled at the same time, irrespective of the time the order was placed.

It seems there’s another layer of sub-division : shipping to Germany are earlier than France (ordered DIY i5 to france the 4th feb)

Stage 2 - 7th March
Stage 3 - 11th March
Stage 4 - 14th March
Stage 5 - 15th March (today)
pre-ordered 15th February (DIY i5 / Germany)

It may depends on the keyboard layout.

1 Like

@andyk2 thanks for the great insight :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Ordered the 9 Feb from France:

• DIY i5
  • 2x USB-A
  • 2x USB-C
  • 1x HDMI

Stage 2: 7th March

Ordered the DIY i5 on Jan 6 to Germany. It left Taiwan 2 days ago, visited Singapore yesterday, does some sightseeing in Bahrain today, and according to DHL, is supposed to arrive in Germany tomorrow. Let’s see how realistic that is.
UPDATE. and indeed, 2h later it says: Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANY
UPDATE2: it arrived this morning without any glitch or need to customs payment!

2 Likes

That sounds like everything is going to plan according to how Batch 8 went.

1 Like

According to DPD, apparently mine is now due for delivery today! UK, DIY I5.

1 Like

Note that the other tracker still says “Processed for Export”

1 Like

Got my notification for the payment (France) - i5 DIY :
Stage 1 (pre-order) : 28th February
Stage 2 : 7th March
Stage 3 : 16th March
Stage 4 : 17th March

like @jojoke13 : France, stage 2/3 same date (stage 1 : 3rd feb)
soon ^^

Mine are now at Singapore, got the DHL Express Tracking Number, estimated delivery is monday, 21/03.

1 Like

So far not even a single update on my pre order.

DIY I5
8GB
BYO storage

2x USB-C
2x USB-A
1x HDMI

Ordered at 22 February
Nation: Netherlands
Batch: 9 (just checked again)

1 Like

Same as mine. I pre-ordered i5 to Netherlands on 26 February and no updates at all.

I guess there’s a delay with orders going to Netherlands perhaps?

Mine should arrive today.
Ordered DIY i5 16GB 1TB in January from Germany.