Batches Shipping Log

And it is here \o/
After some strange round trip between Cologne and Paris, Fedex delivered it at ~8:00 am

11 Likes

Guessing it won’t be long till we see the Batch 4 announcement :​D

2 Likes

Batch 2
Ryzen™ 9 7940HS - Radeon™ RX 7700S - 180W Power Adapter
Expansion Bay Module: Graphics Module (AMD Radeon™ RX 7700S)
No SSD
No RAM
Keyboard: German
Numpad Module
LED Matrix module
RGB Macropad

01 Mar 10:07:33 PM GMT - Card charged (With RGB Macropad) :grin::+1:
04 Mar 11:17:04 AM GMT - The shipping confirmation just arrived via email
06 Mar 10:39:00 AM GMT - Delivered

4 Likes

Looks like a fellow music producer here, also see that you’re running Arch? What software/ daw do you run looking to switch from windows. I use reaper rn and a handful of guitar plugins/vst would love to pick your brain on how you set your FW16 up to possible replicate for my own

2 Likes

I’m not trying to be snarky, just making sure I didn’t miss anything. I’ve seen a lot of people say that their batch was “promised” by a certain quarter. Did FW make a post or announcement stating a “promised” ship time? I’ve only seen in the checkout where it says “ships Q#” but the batch 1’s still said Q4 on their orders even though that had passed. So I take that to be a goal, but no guarantee. I get the frustration, I just don’t think I’ve seen anything about FW setting a timeframe with some sort of promise behind it, but I also only put my order in a couple moths ago, so I might have missed out on a communication they sent out earlier.

1 Like

To my knowledge Framework didn’t promise to ship within a certain quarter. They ran into many issues and the laptops weren’t ready, the problems varied. You can check out their blog and probably your email. They have been sending emails explaining the delays. I’m glad people are posting on this forum so I know which batches are shipping.

1 Like

When I log into my account, I still see “Batch 7 - Ships Q1” in my order details. That seems to me like as close to a promise as you can get without outright saying “we promise”. It’d be nice to have some official word either way.

5 Likes

Sorry to disappoint, but I’m not really a producer - just a guitar player, who occationally records and mixes demos for my band. I use Cubase, so it didn’t cross my mind to use the FW16 for that. Instead I’ll keep my existing Windows machine.

Yes, I’ll be running Arch for the time being as FW16 was mainly intended for software development and gaming.

1 Like

But Batch 1s that just got shipped within the last week had “Batch 1 - Ships Q4” in their order details, and that was within the last few weeks, 2 months after the end of Q4. So I wouldn’t take that as a promise but rather a goal. It wouldn’t make much sense to look at the same information on our orders and assume they are guaranteeing that, when it clearly did not work out that way for others. At the very least, I’d assume (since that’s all we can confidently do) that each batch should be prepared for 2 months beyond the “Ships Q#” date, and anything sooner than that is a bonus!

5 Likes

I have to admit Mckay has a point, but Framework has been transparent with all of us saying in their first shipping update

“We know this delay is disappointing, but we prioritize building products for longevity, stability and quality. To paraphrase the saying in the video game industry, delayed hardware is eventually good, but rushed hardware is forever bad (even when it’s repairable and upgradeable)”.

They had a huge laundry list of problems, I’d rather wait for the issues to be resolved before I get my laptop. Heck, I waited to get into a later batch because I didn’t want to be one of the first ones to get mine. I want some bugs to be squashed and the manufacturing process to mature a little before I get mine.

It’s rare for me to participate in a pre-order, but the companies I have pre-ordered from are usually late. The Valve Steam Deck came out months after they originally planned. I’m just happy I can get a spot in line and as long as I keep my pre-order, I will be able to buy the product. That’s how I look at pre-orders, I’m getting a spot in line and I’m guaranteed a chance to buy it when it’s my turn.

Edit
I mentioned the wrong person. Sorry about that.

11 Likes

I’m in Batch 4 and just got the ‘We’re preparing your batch!’ email.

• DIY Edition with Ryzen 7 7840HS (no GPU, no RAM, no SSD, no OS)
  • US English keyboard, Numpad module, 2x extra spacers
  • 3x USB-C, 1x USB-A, 1x Ethernet, 1x Audio, 1x HDMI
  • with Power Adapter
13 Likes

@serisman , thanks for updating this thread. Many of us in later batches were anxiously waiting confirmation of movement on batch 4. Hopefully they charge your credit card soon.

3 Likes

Yep, no problem. We’ll see when they actually charge the card and ship the laptop. The email says it is expected to ship between 4 and 21 days from today. That is quite a range. The email also has an incorrect past date of February 22nd to confirm payment and shipping information, so I take everything with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Feb 22 date is incorrect here (we are aware of it) however 4-21 day date range should be correct!

6 Likes

To anyones’s knowledge. Do Prebuilt FW16 ship faster than the DIY versions?

1 Like

For reference, I’m batch 2 with a blank ISO + GPU, residing in the EU :slightly_smiling_face:

Mar. 6th, 15:30 : Card charged (declined + manually triggered payment)
Mar. 7th, 13:41 : Shipment Notification

Mar. 7th, 09:43 : pickup by FedEx
Mar. 7th, 10:00 : Left FedEx origin facility

Mar. 7th, 16:07 : Philippines
Mar. 7th, 18:11 : arrived in China
Mar. 7th, 22:17 : left China

Mar. 12th : Projected Arrival :partying_face:

3 Likes

I’m batch 2 with a Blank Ansi keyboard, 7940HS and no GPU. Delivered to Germany

March 6th, 01:00: Card charged
March 6th, 11:42: Shipment notification
March 6th, 13:54: Left Taiwan
March 6th, 16:53: In the Philippines
March 6th, 19:00: Arrived in China
March 7th, 11:48: Arrived in Cologne, Germany
March 7th, 17:25: In Paris for Customs clearance
March 7th, 22:00: In Cologne again
March 8th, 05:09: In local distribution center
March 8th, 09:48: Delivered!

6 Likes

Batch 4 cards are getting charged.

12 Likes

Batch 6 shipping dates have been pushed back to Q2 from Q1 now so it’s looking like we will get ours next month.

Same, batch 8 also Q2