11th Gen BIOS 3.07 + Windows 10 and (11 Alpha) driver bundle

I was also wondering that myself. I would be interested to see if there are any new features added in this BIOS update such as a minimum charge limit.

Any update when Windows 11 drivers will move out of alpha?

Looks like the drivers are deemed Beta as of Feb. 11.

I just wanted to put out my support for the Framework driver package.
Really easy to download, run and install.
No issues in using the Alpha for Windows 11.
Very seamless (compared to my previous Surface firmware/driver installations).

Or it could simply be “no change because no problems reported”

I just now installed the windows 11 driver bundle update, and it didn’t generate any errors, but the included Intel WIFI driver failed. I reverted the driver back to 22.40.0.7 and WIFI is working. I tried again on the latest and device manager says an error has occured and the device is disabled. Returned again to 22.40.0.7 and it works. The install bundle is nice, but it would helpful to post the individual drivers too.

Thanks. That’s good to know! Since I posted this, I used the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and installed the 22.110.1.1 Wi-Fi driver from Intel (newer than the one in the W11 driver bundle). So far is working well.

@Kieran_Levin Any chance to include USB-C monitor driver to the EFI, so that I can see the grub OS selection screen when booting also on external monitor? It works on HP ProBook 840 G5, but my FrameWork only displays it on notebook screen…
Thanks!

1 Like

Set mine to 90 and it reads 91, so all seems fine :slight_smile:

I am using USB-C hubs in both cases. One Satechi with 1 HDMI port, one i-tec Dual Display with 2xDP (converted to HDMI).

This is the Satechi one:

And this is the i-tec one:
https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/i-tec-dual-display-2-x-displayport-100-w-usb-c-usb-type-a-docking-stations-13905267?supplier=406802

This looks interesting. Good value for price compared to other USB-C Dual Display Hubs/Docks. Is it working reliable for you?

Works no problem, has just one downside - due to the DP-to-HDMI connection, I seem not to be able to use the HDMI audio.

So, I had a replacement motherboaard. My faulty one had bios 3.02, this one has bios 3.0. Should I upgrade and if so, to what?

Tks.

Nick

Any reason not to update to the 3.07 ???

3.07 has been solid for me, with no issues.

6 Likes

I saw that some had issues with 3.07, so thought I would wait for 3.08. This method of updating BIOS is a bit primitive.

What issues have you read/heard of, can you quote or link?

There are some posts here. I searched with this:

3.07 bios issues

Never did get an answer on whether the replacement motherboard bios was 3.0 and the bad one 3.02 and whether that made a difference that I should look at.

Nick

1 Like

Quick update on 3.08. we have been going around on some of the CVEs that were supposed to be fixed and ran an audit on the proposed changes which resulted in the conclusion that one of the fixes did not actually fix the CVE. So we are still waiting for upstream patches which should be released to us in the next few weeks.

19 Likes