We’ve now released 3.09, available here: BIOS 3.09 Beta release
Time for another BIOS update!
BIOS 3.07 EFI Shell update
Instructions for EFI shell update:
- Extract contents of zip folder to a fat32 formatted usb drive.
- Disable secure boot in BIOS.
- Boot your system while pressing F12 and boot from the thumb drive.
- Let startup.nsh run automatically.
- System will reboot, you can unplug the thumb drive.
- Fix low battery cutoff causing system to not power on or charge if the laptop is allowed to self discharge. We suggest updating to 3.07 to prevent this issue.
- Fix issue where CPU may be stuck at 400Mhz while charging the battery between 50-99%.
- Battery charge limit added to BIOS advanced setting page.
We are releasing two driver bundles this time. One with all the latest drivers primarily designed for Windows 11. We are also continuing to release the existing driver bundle that uses the drivers that have been extensivly validated with our hardware testing lab.
Note that this driver bundle is the most up to date, but has not undergone the same level of validation as our windows 10 drivers.
|Intel Gaussian and Neural Accelerator
|Intel Graphics Driver
|Intel Integrated Sensor Hub
|Intel Smart Sound 1.
|Realtek Audio 1.
- Only installed on systems with Realtek Audio Codec.
Update graphics driver to 100.9929.
Before we make any new Framework builds publicly available one of the most important aspects is to give our community a chance to evaluate the Framework BIOS and driver builds to provide feedback before we roll them out to all Framework users.
This is a really important step where we want to hear the community’s bug reports, suggestions or general feedback on the latest beta releases for Framework’s BIOS/driver bundles.
We have already been testing these releases internally over here at Framework as thoroughly as possible , but since this is a public beta test there is always a chance you could encounter an unforeseen issue we haven’t caught yet; so please consider updating to these versions only if you are OK with that (and ensuring you have backed up anything essential first).
If you do notice any issues or have feedback please comment in this thread and the Framework team will be reviewing everything here and following up as fast as we can.
Thank you all for working together and helping us improve our releases!