[CLOSED] My Framework is not displaying anything

Ok, well done. At least now you are pretty sure that there is an issue with the display!
Now the official Framework Support will tell you what to do.

1 Like

The only thing that I notice the Framework Laptop is noisy fan.

Yes but when there is a hardware issue like that, with LED error codes etc, it’s common that the fans make a really loud noise.
Maybe when you get a functional display the fan noise will disappear naturally.

I have first hand experience of this phenomenon.

@Mapleleaf Really?

It can be a different problem, for sure, but first thing would be to try solving the display issue.

Maybe Support will have you try an external display, using the HDMI port.

The only thing that I notice the Framework Laptop is noisy fan.

You should power down the machine by the way, I don’t think there is a need to keep it powered up.

I have first hand experience of this phenomenon.

The same. Had a faulty ram that prevented the laptop to boot, it had the exact same behaviour.

1 Like

I am the person who travel many places, So, i do not carry more stuff.

You mean you don’t have a HDMI adapter?

I do not have one of those HDMI adapter.

Ok, right, sorry.
Maybe Support will know what to do then.

If you have not yet installed an operating system, the fan will be running at full speed as there is nothing to properly control it. Once you get help with your display and get an operating system installed your fan should quiet down.

@Azure, that is I am trying to do.

@Omega21 I’m aware, I just wanted to calm your fears about the fan being too loud since you’ve brought it up a few times in the thread.

I did message to FrameWork Team and send 3 videos as proof of the laptop defectiveness. And not much help at all.

I too had this problem. My problem was the connector cable on the display end was slightly loose (not totally seated). I seated the connector and all was well. Check both ends of the cable.

1 Like

I better get my refund money to me. I know this Framework Laptop is the first product of the company. I really have bad experience. I better get the version as Ready-to-use Framework Laptop. I feel as lost hope with Framework Laptop. I asked the Framework Team for repair, they said that I need pay extra fee for repair. It is only the RAM and M.2 SSD are the 2 component plus, 4 expansion cards.

What response have you gotten? What are they having you do? What solutions did they offer?

If they’re just having you start with troubleshooting, that’s completely normal. They’re running through their checklist to make sure that they know the real cause of the issue so they fix it the right way. Keep working with them, answer their questions, and they will get things taken care of.

If they offered you a solution that you don’t think is right, say so in the ticket! Ask them to escalate it for review, and they’ll have someone else take a look.

1 Like

Hello @Omega21,

A bit confused by your post here as I’ve checked your account and see a large number of tickets that had to be merged due to a couple email addresses you have used. You purchased a DIY Framework Laptop and our team has been troubleshooting with you. For DIY purchases, it is expected that customers work with our Support team to troubleshoot issues and any request for our team to receive the laptop back to our repair center perform a full analysis is additional labor that we are responsible for, hence the service fee required.

You wrote in over the weekend on February 4th and did not provide much to our team other than the fact that the display didn’t function and our team asked for additional information in order to better understand what could be wrong as it could be a large number of things (Windows installation, hardware installed incorrectly, etc.).

Given the fact that you have been unwilling to work with our Support team and have requested a return and refund, we will honor that request for you. One of our staff will be with you shortly to organize the return and refund. Thank you.

3 Likes