[CLOSED] My Framework is not displaying anything

More information about the display can be found here.

1 Like

@Mapleleaf @New_Customer, then what should I do, I am new customer, do i need to pay extra for the Display?

What? Nobody is asking you to pay.
Just look at the doc, check the connection, and if you cannot do it, ask further help to Support.

1 Like

If it’s badly connected, no. If the display is faulty, you will be sent a replacement and shouldn’t have to pay.

So, how should I fix it for may self?

This laptop is the first of its kind to completely guarantee your Right to Repair.
So, you can have a try to troubleshoot it yourself, and if you fail or if you don’t want to then you can contact the official Support.

Of course if the display is really defective, not just mis-connected, and if it is not your fault, then you would be entitled to a replacement (either of the display or of the laptop, I don’t know, this kind of things is up to Support).

How long does the guarantee last for the customer? As 1 year?

Yes here it says 1 year.

I wonder that Framework will change the fan for AirJet as new thermo cooling system?

Don’t worry about the fan right now.
Maybe when you solve the display problem the fan will behave properly too.

On this step 10 of the display replacement guide you can see a clear picture of the display connector that you should try to check.

Well, when i was checking inside of FrameWork Laptop as showing in Step #6 is not showing the icon as Monitor draw in that area.

Yes that’s fine, mine too doesn’t have the monitor icon.

Ok, I just did send the message to Support Team, I hope they can send me a new Display.

2 Likes

Just be aware that they may ask you to try to disconnect and reconnect the display.
Have you tried it, by the way?

It is image of Step #10?

Yes, it is the black strip with the monitor icon, except that mine and yours don’t have the monitor icon, but it’s the same.
Just pull on this black strip, and the connector should disconnect.

You should do step 6, then step 10

1 Like

It is being long time for me that neve repair any pc.

1 Like

I feel you!
I too was really scared when I opened my Framework laptop the first time lol.
I had the ESD mat and all!