Closing the loop with Refurbished Framework products

It’s the old lid

1 Like

Do refurbished products ship ASAP?

I think so. There’s no batch queues for them from the marketplace order page.

This is rad. I’m definitely recommending the refurbished models to a few friends!

3 Likes

Excellent news, thanks for focusing on sustainability y’all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Since it is once again relevant

1 Like

Does the refurb include the updated lid and hinges?

Seems like it will be the old lid, not the cnc one. There are no “updated” hinges, but the 4kg hinges are only available in the marketplace, and do not come pre-installed on any Framework Laptop models, so the refurbs will come with the 3.3kg hinges.

1 Like

Does the refurbished Framework computer come with a screw driver?

…and I bought one. Been looking for an excuse to pick one up. Intend to replace my SFF workstation at the office as I’ll be doing a bit more traveling in the coming year. Doesn’t do everything my Flow X13 does, but looking forward to how much that gap may narrow with updates.

Now to see if the boss will reimburse me…

3 Likes

What’s the charge cycle count on the battery for refurb units?

@Second_Coming I can’t give you a exact figure, all I can say is that my refurb is near maximal charge possible.

1 Like

If you update the BIOS to v3.10, you should be able to see the actual cycle count.

@Second_Coming I don’t see it, what page should I look under? The BIOS is updated to 3.10

1 Like

I would guess that since they are typically from the 30-day return window, the charge count should be nearly the same as a new laptop, and I’m sure battery health is something Framework would check during the refurb process.

1 Like

@SquidWorks This is awesome news!

As mentioned (and discussed further in this topic), an obvious next step for this would be an official “buyback” program, where a user could e.g. trade an 11th gen mainboard back to Framework in exchange for credit towards a 12th gen mainboard (or perhaps just cash), who could then refurbish it and sell it to another user.

Do you have any information on whether this is something you all are working on? I realize it’s not always possible to publicly reveal internal company plans, but we would love any sort of details there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t seem to find it for sale in the UK. I wanna buy refurbished but it isn’t available…

Yep, it’s out of stock already.

Shame on Framework for releasing such an amazing product that returns are so low quantity!

3 Likes

I read that it the refurbished option isn’t available in the UK at all… I was just wondering when it would become an available feature for the UK too

the idea (and reason) framework’s webstore is called “marketplace” is they envision 3rd party makers and other people to sell their 3rd party/used components through framework as well