Closing the loop with Refurbished Framework products

@Second_Coming I don’t see it, what page should I look under? The BIOS is updated to 3.10

1 Like

I would guess that since they are typically from the 30-day return window, the charge count should be nearly the same as a new laptop, and I’m sure battery health is something Framework would check during the refurb process.

1 Like

@SquidWorks This is awesome news!

As mentioned (and discussed further in this topic), an obvious next step for this would be an official “buyback” program, where a user could e.g. trade an 11th gen mainboard back to Framework in exchange for credit towards a 12th gen mainboard (or perhaps just cash), who could then refurbish it and sell it to another user.

Do you have any information on whether this is something you all are working on? I realize it’s not always possible to publicly reveal internal company plans, but we would love any sort of details there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t seem to find it for sale in the UK. I wanna buy refurbished but it isn’t available…

Yep, it’s out of stock already.

Shame on Framework for releasing such an amazing product that returns are so low quantity!

3 Likes

I read that it the refurbished option isn’t available in the UK at all… I was just wondering when it would become an available feature for the UK too

the idea (and reason) framework’s webstore is called “marketplace” is they envision 3rd party makers and other people to sell their 3rd party/used components through framework as well

When will the Framework Marketplace be open to the public to sell their Framework-related parts (both used and custom parts)? I remember Framework saying they are looking to do this.

Thanks!

This would indeed, be a very welcoming feature for the community!

I myself, I’m looking to purchase a spare motherboard :slight_smile: