[Collection] Wishlist Framework (Company & products)

Sign me up for a 15" or even 17" with a 13th gen Intel HX series or even an AMD (The new 7040 series is looking mighty tasty) laptop with the following

1. At least two M.2 NVME slots
  2. More external ports
  3. Option to install an internal discrete graphics module (TB4?)
  4. Keyboard with dedicated switches for BT/Wifi
  5. Kensington Lock Slot that when used would hamper ability to open machine
    Search results for 'Kensington lock' - Framework Community

It is possible that Framework laptop can have touch screen and AR displays?

A touchscreen is already on the wishlist.

How do you expect a AR display to work?

Can you please elaborate how that would work? And also why its important?

This would be pretty useless as somebody pointed out, this is exactly the opposite of what the goal of Framework is. This works with Apple Macbooks and alike, but with devices which are meant to be opened at any time to adjust them … not such a good idea.

Edit: Also even those locks are no protection for serious lockpickers.

Maybe not a bad idea after all. I’ll add it.

Pretty hard on the current space. Iirc the chassis is too small to even fit one into, so those things only work on newer iterations (like a 15" or 17" version).

Already on the list.

Hi That may well be in the plans. Meanwhile they and you can look at other attempts to do so, with the added aspect of Fairtrade.

The issue being that both are small companies, not selling outside the EU to any degree, maybe Taiwan.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

I wonder the Display can have 360 degree flip as Tablet Model?

Can you please read the first post?

A lot of your requests are already noted.

1 Like

Tbf, his posts were merged from separate threads.

1 Like

Yes, that’s true. And exactly one of the reasons why I ask him to do this.

He opens new topics everyday for several days in the row now without checking if they’ve already been posted before and especially if they’ve not been added to this list yet.

So to spare us all some work, I’ve sent him a message and a reply here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think that the microSD reader could be upgraded in two aspects:

• somehow smoothen the sharp edges of the input slit, as it tends to catch on the sdcard (upper/lower lip of the slit, as well as the left/right ends of the slit) and kind of scratch it (and nowadays microSD cards can be expensive little things, with 128GB or more)
  • use a spring mechanism to help push out the microSD when we are done, as it is often difficult to grasp especially when finger nails are short. Moreover such spring mechanism could allow the microSD to seat even deeper in the reader and stick out less, thus improving the portability of the laptop with the card in.

Also, if this kind of upgrade happens, I wish that it stays a microSD reader, so as to not have to deal all the time with a SD->microSD adapter.

(IMHO the use case of full-size SD cards is slowly disappearing.)

5 Likes

I completely agree, I’ve added these adjustments to the wishlist!

1 Like

Unless I’m mistaken this has already been a thing for a while now?
Great thread by the way!

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve just checked this and you’re right! I removed that.

Thanks, glad you enjoy!

1 Like

Atreus keyboard, or other full ergo format.

Is there a minimum threshold of “likes” a feature request needs to be eligible for inclusion? The Atreus, for example, has over 100, which I feel reflects a substantial unmet demand for ergonomic keyboards on laptops, and thus we are in a chicken-and-egg situation where this demand remains invisible.

1 Like

Idea: make the current full-size SSD M2 able to be optionally used as two 2230 slots. Like with M2 connectors on both sides of the emplacement, and empty optional screw threads.

2 Likes

few things from my side: 0. VERY IMPORTANT: 14inch, 15,6 inch screen… 1. black edition, 2. dedicated gpu, 3. instead of 2x2 usb c, create a typeC to a hub, 4. zephyrus, stealth, razer blade design. rest are cool

As a member of the IT staff at a Hospital, I would love to see Framework come out with a more commercial/industrial product with some of the following features:

Thicker and more robust chassis
Hot-swappable batteries
larger modules to accommodate standards like VGA, RS232 Serial, Parallel, M.2 SSD
add a module so the laptop can act as a KVM
Touchscreen
heavy duty keyboard with 10 key
add module slots to the back of the laptop for easier handling when connected
carry handle
optional case bumpers and feet

1 Like

I would like to suggest an update to the Magnesium Alloy Chassis to something like the Thinkpad series:
Either carbon fibre/fiberglass reinforced plastic for the lid and Magnesium Alloy for the Frame and base.

No thanks, not more plastic. Aluminium has lasting value and more easily recycled.

I can even fashion and melt Alu personally

1 Like

I was thinking of durability more so the chassis last for quite sometime. Most consumers can’t fix dents/bents from aluminium.

1 Like